GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New owner, 2013 GTi

bunique

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey there guys/gals, new to the forum and new to the VW family.

I'll be taking delivery of my new 2013 GTI here in a few days, had to locate one for myself through our dealership since we did not have one in stock. Yes I do work for Volkswagen, I'm in sales. Couldn't resist the employee lease program, plus I was already thinking about getting one, that program just made it easier haha.

Anyways, more on the car....

2013 GTI, got it in candy white, 6spd manual, also with the convenience and sunroof package. I'm actually really excited about the fact that for 2013 they changed the rims on the GTI with that package, it's no longer the detroit wheels (never was a fan of those) they replaced those with the laguna wheels. Which I think look much much better than the detroit ones.

The car the GTI replaced was my 2009 Mazda 3 iTouring, 5spd manual. Loved that car, it was very very dependable, never had a single problem with it. In all honesty. Props to Mazda. Great car.

But now that I'm more into German cars and tuning, getting a turbo'd car was a no brainer, and getting the GTI was a no brainer as well.

I'll be here to stay guys, I'll be reading through some threads to get more insight on this amazing little hatch that could.

THANKS!!!:happyanim:

i'll update this thread as soon as the car comes in with some pictures!!!

bunique

Passed Driver's Ed
congrats to your purchase and welcome! surprised you didnt go with ms3

You know, I gave that thought a few days. I took a GTi for the night, drove it around and fell in love almost instantly. I did the same thing for the Speed3, and I just didn't get that same feeling. Even though the Speed3 is a heck of a lot faster than the GTI. The overall build quality of the GTi just felt so much better. From how the car drove, how it handled the every day roads, to even the fit and finish, the GTI i thought was just superior in every single aspect except power. Which can be attained with the APR stage 1 upgrade :)

edit: The dealership I work for is a VW/Mazda dealer. So we have access to both companies. That's how I was able to take both out each night :p

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
You know, I gave that thought a few days. I took a GTi for the night, drove it around and fell in love almost instantly. I did the same thing for the Speed3, and I just didn't get that same feeling. Even though the Speed3 is a heck of a lot faster than the GTI. The overall build quality of the GTi just felt so much better. From how the car drove, how it handled the every day roads, to even the fit and finish, the GTI i thought was just superior in every single aspect except power. Which can be attained with the APR stage 1 upgrade :)

edit: The dealership I work for is a VW/Mazda dealer. So we have access to both companies. That's how I was able to take both out each night :p

:thumbup:thats how most of us feel about our car vs speed3..gotta love the build quality...and even with k04 i heard there is way less torque steer than a factory speed 3

bunique

Passed Driver's Ed
:thumbup:thats how most of us feel about our car vs speed3..gotta love the build quality...and even with k04 i heard there is way less torque steer than a factory speed 3

I didn't mind the torque steer all that much really. I thought it was kinda fun to wrestle with the car. I just wasn't as pleased with it as the GTI. I never really liked the new Mazda 3's. That's why I bought a used 2009 3 when I got mine. I couldn't get over the fact that the front of the car had a smiley face.

I just like the layout of the cabin more on the GTI. The Speed3 has a shit load of buttons sprayed around the middle of the dashboard. Like a lot. Too much.

GTI is just clean and simple. The way I like it I guess, since I went with the GTI.

Plus for what it's worth, carefree maintenance on the VW, not on the Mazda :)