GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best tires for 2011 GTI?

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
I have had the DW's for 5k miles now and the grip, turn in, comfort, noise is all better than the stock Dunlops. I didn't think the PSS's were worth the extra $300 at the time. The only complaint I have about them is that with the heavy grooves for channeling water, they seem to follow the grooves in the highway more giving an unnerving sensation.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I have had the DW's for 5k miles now and the grip, turn in, comfort, noise is all better than the stock Dunlops. I didn't think the PSS's were worth the extra $300 at the time. The only complaint I have about them is that with the heavy grooves for channeling water, they seem to follow the grooves in the highway more giving an unnerving sensation.

Summers tend to do that. Nothing to worry about but yeah i was a little freaked the first time I felt it too

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
Just called around to try to pick up a set of Continental DW's and one place said they weren't able to order them, they didn't show up in their system - is there a certain point in the summer where summer tires aren't available any more?

intellistar

Ready to race!
One point to factor in when thinking about cost is that the PSS do come with a 30,000 mi treadlife warranty while the DW does not. I hit a bad pothole last month that caused the sidewall to rupture on my PSS. While I did not have the road hazard protection insurance with America's Tire, I only had to pay around $80 or so for a replacement tire as my tire still had a lot of tread remaining.

Obviously, if you are buying road hazard insurance already or it's included in the price (as I believe it is with Tire Rack), it's not so much an issue.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Summers tend to do that. Nothing to worry about but yeah i was a little freaked the first time I felt it too
Yeah first time i hit some groves in the highway and had that back and forth wiggle i was like WTFF scared the shit out of me. Know i just slow down on that section of the highway.

Look above. Also yeah i couldn't justify another 300 for PSS at my time too. I paid about $670 for my DW(s) to be installed with certificate for repair/replace. PSS were about an even $1000.00

Just called around to try to pick up a set of Continental DW's and one place said they weren't able to order them, they didn't show up in their system - is there a certain point in the summer where summer tires aren't available any more?
I bought mine from discount tire, they had to order them and i got them installed about a week later by them.

gti2015

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll try discount tire too - seems like lots of places have to order them. Has anyone used Tire Rack's tire shop recommendations (they supposedly give the cost of installation for different tire shops or recommend different local tire shops when you buy a set of tires).

oatzel

Ready to race!
Really good advice here.

Ive driven on DW's and they are fantastic in both the wet and dry. Higher sidewalls but way more comfortable than S-04s or PSS.

Definitely better than the tires youre looking at

I personally can't wait to get rid of my set of DW's. Grip is fine but they follow grooves on the freeway worse than any tire I've driven. Been that way since day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill19751

Ready to race!
My car came with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and have stuck with them. No idea how they compare to the stock tires, but they're quite good, IMO

titan253

Ready to race!
I've have Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus (revised compound) and they worked wonders in the Portland rain, even did pretty well during the snowpocalypse although I did take care to avoid hills.

Road noise is not intrusive, which is impressive given how noisy Portland roads are. Was originally looking at DWS, but was swayed by Tire Rack's comparison review. Couldn't be happier so far and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them