GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF GT VI BROKEN - not fit for purpose

Chris34

Hi,
Would appreciate as much help as I can here.

I have the following which I purchased in April 2016:
2011 Golf GT Mk6 6 2.0 TDI 140PS

I have had nothing but problems since I picked the car up.

1) The day after i collected, the EGR valve failed and put the car into limp mode. Dealer (which i won't name but is a registered UK Volkswagen dealer) replaced and repaired under warranty.

2) The car needed the diesel emissions fix

3) Air con started to fail (expansion valve whistling); basically no air con in the system. Dealer re-gassed after a £110 diag fee.

4) 6 months later, air con failed again. Dealer re-gassed and sent me on my way.

5) 6 months later, air con failed again. Dealer pressure tested, leak tested and UV dye...all fine. Re-gassed. I expect to take it back within 6 months with same problem. Service guys have agreed there is a leak or problem but cant fix it. Also, every time the air con fails, there is an oily residue occurring low down on the windscreen passenger side. Am I breathing this leaking air con gas in slowly over time??

6) At same time as recent air con failure, engine management light on. Throttle valve failed (advisory under the diesel emissions protocol) to clean and replace?

To give you an idea of the gas lost in the air con. It is filled with approx 550g and when it starts to fail it is vacuuming out only around 195g (4-6 months occurs over).

Luckily all of the above is covered under my extended warranty I took out. Unfortunately I can't claim against VW for the emissions because it was purchased after 1st January 2016 (they assume owners knew about the diesel gate after this date) however i actually didn't. Surely if i would have known about it, and my newly collected car failed its EGR the day after collection, I would have returned the car on the 30 day VW policy in forecast of future dieselgate issues with the car?

So basically I have had a car with nothing but problems and this has all happened within 10,000 miles on this diesel. The dealership do not know what the problem is with the air con and I suspect I will be forever visiting the dealership due to the problems occurred from this diesel fix.

Can anyone shed some light onto the car, especially the air con problem.

I have written a formal letter to head office and also contacted Defra in concern to the leaking air con.

I am formally asking VW to take the car back because it is riddled with problems.

It is really stressing me, and I have ill health at the moment anyway.

Look forward to your help here....many thanks for reading this fellow Volkswageners!

Chris