GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

excessive wind noise

mj8807

Ready to race!
Ive had my car for 6 months now and just within the past week I've noticed extra wind noise. It almost sounds like maybe a windshield seal or a door isnt sealing properly. The sound seems to come from the windshield and passenger side. I made sure all the doors, hatch and hood were secured. Anyone elsehave this issue. It occurs from 40+ mph. It sounds like ive attached a boat sail to the roof of my car lol.

camaro28z

I bought a 2013 golf in June and have a noise that sounds like the window is open just a teenie crack. I only hear at speeds of 50 miles per hour and above.

McQueen77

Banned
i had the same thing when my car was new. the dealer had my car for a week and replaced a bunch of driver's side door seals and channels. bring it in and have them fix it. its bullshit

TDI110

O_o
I've never had a single problem with windnoise in either the TDI or my R (both 4 door). IIRC, it's mainly prevalent on the 2 doors. I think if you go to the dealer they will put new seals on the door which should fix it.

chris101

Ready to race!
Yes, my previous 2-dr TDI was horrible from the 1st time I drove it and they had to replace the door seal and made a striker adjustment. It was maddening but now I have a 4dr Golf R with no such issues! YAY!

mj8807

Ready to race!
I took it in to the dealer and I drove the service manager around and he couldnt pin point the problem and told me it was just normal wind noise (go figure). I havent heard it much as of late but if I do ill take it back again.

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
Mine is horrible..... let me ask you a question, you do not have to answer it, just think about it. Did you maybe start noticing the noise after taking your car what most people would consider way too fast? That is when I started being annoyed by mine... after dipping well into triple digits. Just a thought..... Mine is HORRIBLE though sounds like my window is down on the drivers side... dealer blames it on my window tint.....

meph

Ready to race!
I had the same problem. I found that on the passenger side the window was pinching the seal. I noticed this was happening as i was waiting for my windows to get tinted. I tryed to fix the problem couldn't do it 100% but i manage to adjust the seal and it's not that loud.

Open the passenger door and follow the window where it enters the seal. Look for a bump or raised area.
let me know if you find it. If not i will go take a pic tonight to show you guys what im talking about.