GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Masters FX400 - Golf R

Vweatsvtec

Passed Driver's Ed
Not bad at all but you need a long 6mm Allen key with a 3/8 ratchet to get transfer case off trans Allen key needs to be about 12 inches or so I ended up making one. It was probaly easiest trans I've done last month.

Isn't it 350 400 500 750 800 I don't think there is a 450 but I could be wrong

CM doesn't list the FX450, it is one of the custom setups I have CM do for me and I sell on my web site. The FX450 uses a Feramic material on either a 6 puck or 4 puck disk.

FX450 Feramic (Stage 4.5)
  • Heavy-duty street & racing system
  • Holding capacity 200% over stock
  • Heavy-Duty reinforced pressure plate
  • Hi-Leverage pressure ring design
  • 4-button or 6-button
  • Feramic friction material
  • SFI Approved on most race applications
Rated for 635 ft lbs

I have done this setup for plenty of B5 S4 customers that are pushing their stage 3 turbo setups hard and didn't want to go with a twin disk setup, have also done some for 1.8t customers.

As for your list, there isn't a 750 or 800. You are most likely thinking of the 725 and 850 which are twin disk setups and I also offer a 850 Super Single which CM also doesn't list. CM used to list the 725 as a FX600 and FX700, but now just list it as a TD725.

Here is a picture of the custom Golf R 850 Super Single I offer which CM does not list on their site or catalog. This one is going on a Golf R that is being built for 600+whp.

Last edited:

rukidding

Not bad at all but you need a long 6mm Allen key with a 3/8 ratchet to get transfer case off trans Allen key needs to be about 12 inches or so I ended up making one. It was probaly easiest trans I've done last month.

Can it be done without removing the transfer case?
Or is it just easier with it off?

Vweatsvtec

Passed Driver's Ed
I beleive it needs to come off there is also 4 bolts from motor side that hold transfer case on. When you see it you'll understand it's very straightforward.

rukidding

I beleive it needs to come off there is also 4 bolts from motor side that hold transfer case on. When you see it you'll understand it's very straightforward.

Does the 6mm Allen part need to be a foot long? Or will the socket part fit inside?