GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highest mileage GTI on here?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
102K miles currently, 1 intake manifold replacement, 1 water pump replacement (done by me, thankfully)

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Got my car November 2010. Running at 144k miles. Only 1 intake manifold replaced, on stock water pump. Minor electronic parts (fuel tank actuator and trunk latch) have failed and replaced.

The car also gets tracked, so it's held up pretty well considering the abuse. Build/maintenance thread is in my sig.

Last edited:

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Got my car November 2010. Running at 144k miles. Only 1 intake manifold replaced, on stock water pump. Minor electronic parts (fuel tank actuator and trunk latch) have failed and replaced.

The car also gets tracked, so it's held up pretty well considering the abuse. Build/maintenance thread is in my sig.

Congrats on owning the unicorn of GTIs.

Last edited:

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
got MY11 in Feb '13 w approc 33000 kms(20k miles) i now have over 150Kms (93800 miles) knock wood. On the highway for 160kms daily in cruise control with regular oil changes/spark-plugs.. Front/rear pads/rotors this summer and time will tell.. I do want to replace the tensioner though...of course the stealership recommends I do the chain and guides at the same time.....sigh..

Sleeping Forest1

Ready to race!
122K... stage 1 since 40k. DG springs/sways/UB stuff/random S3/TT suspension goodies

1st Waterpump at 60k, 75k 2nd waterpump for bad thermostat (which is housed inside the pump) 80K'ish 3rd replaced do to bad dealership install (pinch in the seal?). all under warranty.

manifold replaced 60k, the flapper actuator was bad ( i think that was bad on my part during walnut blasting carb cleaning i did myself. dealership replaced it under warranty)

80k throwout bearing started squeaking under cold start but nothing came of it.

went stage 2 (clutch buster) at 110k, OE clutch was starting to slip and then peddle died, i thought it was the throwout bearing. turns out was no fluid in the lines, leaking from the mater cylinder went SRE II.

OE breaks are still good(rev match all day even in LA traffic /flex), but saving up for new pads/rotor and maybe lines.

hoping i can do new bushings all around, coil overs control arms and the last of the suspension build before maintains on chains (....priorities ~_~)

all regular maint. was done at home at regular interval.

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
2nd owner, 108k. Multiple intake manifolds replaced by previous owner. I havent had it long, all I have done is had the timing chain tensioner replaced. I would like to keep it a few years but all the scary stories and feeling of impending doom have me worried, I will be honest.

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
2nd owner, 108k. Multiple intake manifolds replaced by previous owner. I havent had it long, all I have done is had the timing chain tensioner replaced. I would like to keep it a few years but all the scary stories and feeling of impending doom have me worried, I will be honest.

It's really not that bad. The timing chain tensioner is the worst and most costly issue, which you have already done [emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
Cool, thank you! :)

Sure, it seems (and this is typical of VWs) that you either get a great car or a nightmare. IMO the best thing you can do when buying a used one is check out the service records. If you see many different things replace many different times, it might be a car to avoid. I'm not saying this is a full proof though.
I am getting nervous about my timing chain tensioner. Having a 2010 w/ 71k, I need to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk