GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

spulen t.o.p or neuspeed t.o.p

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Not of a big fan of Spulen products. On a friends car, i had an issue installing their products. it's like they don't actually test fit anything before production.

Go with AWE or Nuespeed. My vote goes to Nuespeed. Fit is perfect! and afaik, no ones ever had an issue with a nuespeed pipe cutting an O ring. It's the safer way to go. No point in buying aftermarket parts if you end up with a boost leak.

s word

Ready to race!
yeah, I was wondering if maybe he got sent the wrong pipe.. I bought the tsi k04 specific pipe, so I'm hoping it fits

No where during this process did the shop or neuspeed say anything about wrong pipe. It was the right pipe, unfortunately on my car it didn't fit. Craft very well, but didn;t fit.

Here are some photos
S3 on top, Neuspeed K04 has bottoms turbo side

S3 on top, Neuspeed K04 has bottoms coupler side

AWE regular on top, AWE S3 on bottom

Neuspeed on top, stock on bottom

s word

Ready to race!
Everyone that has had issues with the AWE TOP, with the stock-style coupler... I'm assuming you've lubed up the factory foam O-ring with a bit of fresh motor oil and then gently pressed everything together?

No issues to report from mine whatsoever. Boost holding fine, no boost leaks, and I've now put 60 miles on it. :thumbsup:

I agree, though, the best solution is the S3 TOP, as it gets rid of the coupler.

All of 60 miles huh? :D I had AWE TOP for a few years. Always lubed and inserted slow and steady, until I was getting huge wet spot on my underside plastics from oil blow by. I replaced o-ring 3 times, thats when i fingered the coupler side of the TOP pipe and noticed how razor sharp it was/had become. I then took it all off and S3 TOP has been great.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
All of 60 miles huh? :D I had AWE TOP for a few years. Always lubed and inserted slow and steady, until I was getting huge wet spot on my underside plastics from oil blow by. I replaced o-ring 3 times, thats when i fingered the coupler side of the TOP pipe and noticed how razor sharp it was/had become. I then took it all off and S3 TOP has been great.

She said all of that.

daveyboy330

Ready to race!
the neuspeed t.o.p is what my tuner shop has in stock (he lives and dies by that brand). He said hell install it for 325.00 out the door. Considering i am not a diy kinda guy and thats an understatement do u guys think its a fair price? As far as performance Ive got the apr stg2, 3inch dp and resonated high flow cat, apr carbonio cai but no cat back exhaust (Love the way the car sounds with my current setup and concerned the cb exhaust will just sound too aggressive for my liking even though i know im restricting airflow with the stock cb) I will get one at some point but need to def take my time and find one i really love (spm or cts are possibillities). I do not plan on goin stage 3 or ko4 but i am planning on an intercooler (south florida is always boiling hot) when the budget allows. As far as performance mods for power gains or throttle response, would t.o.p be an ideal next step for someone sticking with the stock turbo? Im Speaking strickly about mods that will affect horspepower,torque, better throttle response, etc. Besides intercooler and catback cuz ive explained why those have to wait a bit. And before you guys point it out, i already know it wont create very noticeable gains so I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions other than a t.o.p and or throttle pipe for performance at this point in my build.

Last edited:

s word

Ready to race!
the neuspeed t.o.p is what my tuner shop has in stock (he lives and dies by that brand). He said hell install it for 325.00 out the door. Considering i am not a diy kinda guy and thats an understatement do u guys think its a fair price? As far as performance Ive got the apr stg2, 3inch dp and resonated high flow cat, apr carbonio cai but no cat back exhaust (Love the way the car sounds with my current setup and concerned the cb exhaust will just sound too aggressive for my liking even though i know im restricting airflow with the stock cb) I will get one at some point but need to def take my time and find one i really love (spm or cts are possibillities). I do not plan on goin stage 3 or ko4 but i am planning on an intercooler (south florida is always boiling hot) when the budget allows. As far as performance mods for power gains or throttle response, would t.o.p be an ideal next step for someone sticking with the stock turbo? Im Speaking strickly about mods that will affect horspepower,torque, better throttle response, etc. Besides intercooler and catback cuz ive explained why those have to wait a bit. And before you guys point it out, i already know it wont create very noticeable gains so I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions other than a t.o.p and or throttle pipe for performance at this point in my build.

To be clear my fitment issues were with Neuspeed K04 TOP on a VW CC with APR K04. The regular non-K04 neuspeed pipe doesn;t seem to have fitment issues. TOP pipe always seems to add throttle response. I have been driving on my stock pipe for the last few weeks before getting this AWE S3 pipe and :D the difference on throttle response. About the price I am not sure. It is fairly easy to do if you have tools. It shouldn;t take more than an hr to install...I have replaced it like 15 times now so I have the process down to about 15 mins beginning to end. But if the online cheapest price for pipe + 1/2 hr labor exceeds the $325 then you are not really getting a deal. But it is still a worthwhile add to the car none the less.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
Could it be the pipe on the CC is different than a gti or jetta?

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Neuspeed K04 HiFLO TOP has fitment issues on the APR K04. The pipe falls short of the silicon elbow.
If you force fit it, the silicon elbow will rub the frame rails and eventually tear.
Issue was discovered in 2014 and still no definite update from neuspeed. I bought mine hoping the issue was resolved a few months ago and it still exists.