GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

took delivery yesterday...

Mudkicker

Ready to race!
Are the strikers "supposed" to be lubed? Wouldn't it get nasty if you accidentally brushed your jacket against it? I don't think they are meant to be lubed, but lubing it does help this situation.

actually, i didnt lube the striker plate per se, i sprayed onto the door latch mechanism but once you close the door, the lube gets all over the striker plate...i might wipe some some excess grease off the striker plate because it is kind of an eye sore.

this reminds me of my Corrado, and using silicone spray on various interior trim pieces to eliminate squeaks. i spray the silicone into a cup and then use a q-tip to apply it, it actually works on squeaks causes by plastic rubbing on plastic.

Mudkicker

Ready to race!
stupid tick is back already, WTF :mad0259:
the lithium grease lasted about a week.
it did reach -10 degrees celcius today, i wonder if that has something to do with it.

GT5050

Passed Driver's Ed
stupid tick is back already, WTF :mad0259:
the lithium grease lasted about a week.
it did reach -10 degrees celcius today, i wonder if that has something to do with it.

It's hard for me to imagine any car being rattle/creak/tick free in such cold weather. I guess somehow it's possible, but not likely. I mean it is what it is, things contract in the cold, different materials expand and contract at different rates, etc. Especially if you have tight gaps like German cars tend to, well now you've got tighter tolerances and every bit of contraction/expansion is going to make a bigger difference. Here's hoping it goes away for you once the weather's good, but I wouldn't sweat it...

Mudkicker

Ready to race!
tonight it will be -20 degrees celcius and -30 with the wind chill...engine oil will turn into molasses!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I've got a plastic ticking noise that sounds like it comes from the passenger door panel area.
I'm thinking it's some of the hard plastic around the interior door grip.
But it's cold out, and I can accept this in cold weather.

Now if it were a rattle that might drive me nuts!