GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 USED Pricing Help

yankle

Ready to race!
Hello, I found a 2013 black 4 dr w/ 6sp offered for sale at 20,994. While this is under KBB and NADA pricing I'm trying to figure out if the price is fair or if I can get a much better deal based on what others might be paying out there. The car is pretty plain with no nav, sunroof, or even touchscreen. It's probably an early 2013 model and has less than 12,000 miles.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd be pushing for $20K then... because you could buy the same car brand brand new wit no miles for probably the same price or another G over what they are selling it for. Are they CPO'ing this one?

yankle

Ready to race!
Don't think it's a CPO, no. New (2014's - no 2013's around here) MSRP for 26,185 can probably be had for 23.5K-ish? I was thinking if they'd come down to 19K on the used one with a good rate, might be worth it. Just don't know if that's realistic.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You can try for 19k even, but I don't think they'd go below 19,999, I'd imagine. Wow, a new 6spd base is stickering for $26K?

yankle

Ready to race!
Yup, kinda crazy. Unfortunately for them, pretty much any dealer I see around here has had the same # of new GTI's on the lot for a while (26, 27, 12, etc). I'm just looking for something I can keep for a couple years before probably moving into an Mk7. Thanks for the input!

yankle

Ready to race!
Update. The used car I checked out - a 2013 manual Wolfsburg - has been on the Chrysler jeep lot for about 2 months and originally snickered for 24+. They offered it to me for 20,445 and gave me 3k for my mkiv gti with 110k. With no other money down total financed amount would've been 19,434. Pretty good I think. Problem is the car had neuspeed pflo intake and I believe a revo tune based on a video I saw on YouTube of a guy in Denver. When I drove it had a ton of torque steer and a weird whine/whistle. May have been the intake but I never heard anything like that on my 2011 with a carbonio. Made me a little nervous. What do you think, anything to worry about?

I also checked out new 2014's for a lease. I was getting a quote that was supposedly one places best offer for $303 before tax with no money down and no trade for comparisons sake. This was an msrp of 26,150 and MF of .00028 (which is a really good rate btw. Works out to .672%). Sale price of 23,888 plus 625 acq fee plus 599 dealer handling. I think they can do better. What do you think?

wireless

Ready to race!
Doubt it's anything unusual. Did the whine inky happen under relatively hard acceleration ? Mine does that since I put on my Unitromic CAI. Apparently it's common and it's the DV that causes it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yankle

Ready to race!
Yes, hard acceleration. It sounded like someone lightly scratching a chalkboard. Can't say it was enjoyable. The sound anyway, the acceleration was quite enjoyable.

yankle

Ready to race!
Yup something like that

Chockomon

I wouldn't buy at that price. I was able to get my 2012 GTI at the beginning of 2013 for 20500 OTD. Mine is a sunroof and nav model so I got the xenons too.

No trade-in either, I put 6K down.