GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrading Headlights and Tail Lights, how do these look?

bigcooljesus

Hey guys,

Wanting to spruce up my 2011 2dr Golf with some character this summer and thought new headlights/tail lights would be a good start. My Golf has the stock headlights (I am assuming meaning they are Halogen).

How do these look in terms of compatibility/plug n play install?

Headlights

Tail Lights

From the little bit of researching I have done, it seems true DUAL Bi-Xenon Headlights are expensive/tricky to come by. What am I missing about the headlights I linked to to explain their low cost? Are they single Xenon with regular bulbs for high beam use? Is there a better option(s) for upgrading stock Halogen headlights?

Thanks!

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
search spyder headlights and taillights

be wary of them

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Dont buy any of them

Go with Eds headlights

bigcooljesus

Thanks for the saving replies.

I have seen some replies/reviews of Ed's Headlights. What about replacement Tail Lights? Any brands or specific models I can trust/use to replace those?

the reason why people post these threads are because they search it on google and these companies pay alot of money to advertise them. Hence why ppl ask these questions. lol. I think this is the 124542 thread on these this month.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Dont buy any of them

Go with Eds headlights

Honestly if you are not going to spend the money on OEM, I would spend that money somewhere else. OEM is best.

Only non OEM option I would consider is Eds.

This is why I am waiting for an MK7 with the lighting package. Its not worth it otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Some people had problems with his headlights but the majority had no issue.I have bought 2 different set of lights from him and not one did I have a problem with.

For the price of his lights compare to OEM it a no brainer that is if you have money for OEM set up.It's up to you what you want,,,,I gave you my opinion.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
May I ask why not?

What alternative would you suggest?

They have a tendency to lose their UV protective layer. One of my Ed's lights exhibits this and one doesn't. But when it does, it looks pretty awful.

uploadfromtaptalk1401409447691.jpg

You could go with his lights, just be sure to factor in the cost of a Laminx treatment in with it. I don't know of anyone who put an laminx cover on these lights, but I'd imagine it would help.

butchered by autocorrecr

find a headlight restoration guy on craigslist. he will make them better than new.

^ but everything he has said is true.. china products.. < oem. but oem is too much money for what I want. can't go wrong with oem. but Ed's is not bad either.

It's vacar who makes the lights btw. Ed is the middle man.

RocknRoll

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly if you are not going to spend the money on OEM, I would spend that money somewhere else. OEM is best.

Only non OEM option I would consider is Eds.

This is why I am waiting for an MK7 with the lighting package. Its not worth it otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty sound advice regarding OEM vs Non OEM.;)