GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZGTI EJ400 / Unitronic Tuned TSI Big turbo Kit Build thread

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
To me, this powerband just looks impractical for daily/street use... peak tq at 5000 RPM? Doesn't hit 300 ft-lbs until ~3600 RPM? I'll pass. It should be quick once it's at full boil, but it seems like getting there is going to be frustrating. And then, it's not like it provides flat torque to redline which would make up for the lag penalty... it dies off like every other turbo on this little TSI head. Cams and oversized valves would probably make a huge difference for this motor, especially with this big of a turbo on it.

RoyGTI

Banned
And then, it's not like it provides flat torque to redline which would make up for the lag penalty... it dies off like every other turbo on this little TSI head.

with the revision 2 you are making 325TQ at 6900RPM and you peak TQ at 3900RPM 382TQ

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
It's definitely better. But, I think at this power-point, headwork would provide a ton of improvement. The stock head/valves/cams were never intended to flow this much air/support this much power.

RoyGTI

Banned
It's definitely better. But, I think at this power-point, headwork would provide a ton of improvement. The stock head/valves/cams were never intended to flow this much air/support this much power.

there is always room for improvement

ZEUS

Banned
I went today and finally dynoed my car before going Stage 3 Unitronic BT GT30 .

Mods :

New file,Unitronic Stage 2 Rev2
Eurojet TBE Vband Catless
S3 intercooler
Neuspeed intake
Neuspeed turbo Discharge
94 Octane ..

Best run :
SAE none corrected : 278.2WHP and 332.8 WTQ
SAE Corrected : 275.6 WHP and 329WTQ

Graphs :

SAE Corrected :