GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I get a Mk6 GTI?

juttsvw1

Hello all!

I have been a longtime member of Golfmkv and have been thinking about comming back to VW once again.

I have owend 2006 GTI, 2008 R and still have a 2008 Rabbit "2nd car". At this time I have a 2009 Accord but am really thinking about getting the new GTI.

What my question is, do the new GTI's still feel and drive like the Mk5's? I know that they are about the same but has many new features that would make the car even better. :cool:I just love the cars and if I am going to go back in debt, I would like some more information.

Thanks

yootimi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey jutts,

I don't own a mk6, but my friend owns an mkv and i test drove the mk6 last weekend and from what i can tell, they drive very similarly, but they may be different when pushed to limits, i wouldn't really know. The mk6 did feel more smooth on the road and had less coarseness to it. It may be because it was a brand new car, but the interior is a biiig improvement and I like the interior in the mk6 a lot more. They changed the seat controls up a little bit. All in all, I would definately have an mk6 over an mk5

Flux1

Passed Driver's Ed
welcome jutts. My advice to you is to go test drive that baby, you'll never know if you want it till you know how it feels. As for a lot of people on this forum they love the nice power and driving experience that carried over from the mkV. The cabin is much more quiet to me i don't hear much wind noise or much of the engine unless you rev it a bit. As far as interior goes the mk6 is much better, a lot more refined and elegant. If you liked the mk5 you'll love the mk6

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
The shifter felt a little better to me for some reason the last time I test drove a 2010, compared to my 08. The 2010 interior seems more special and polished compared to my 08. I think the exterior is sharper and more sporty. If I could have one or the other, I would pick the 2010.

Flux1

Passed Driver's Ed
The shifter felt a little better to me for some reason the last time I test drove a 2010, compared to my 08. The 2010 interior seems more special and polished compared to my 08. I think the exterior is sharper and more sporty. If I could have one or the other, I would pick the 2010.

amen, more aggressive on the outside and more luxurious on the inside.