GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSW Chicane wheels installed with Michelin A/S 3.

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed
I posted these pics in the "What did you do to your Mk6 today?' thread a few days ago, but I got my VW "centercaps" in today, so I wanted to show them off.

TSW Chicane
18x8.5 offset +43
Black with mirror face
23.4 pounds per wheel.
The VW "centercaps" are the 75mm "stickers" since none of the oem VW centercaps fit.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
235/40ZR18

Not lowered (might get DG springs one day), no spacers.
Raw chicane by ToombsDaniel, on Flickr

Opinions? I love them, so you're not going to hurt my feelings. I just haven't yet seen any GTI's with them yet other than mine. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Pooley

Ready to race!
Looks good, never seen that model of wheel before. I like the polished aluminum with black gloss inset, the black should help hide some brake dust and a quick wipe of the polished area would make them look clean in a hurry.

No rubbing in the front? They look in the pics like they stick out past the body in front. I have 10mm spacers on my front wheels (Detroits) and they don't look like they come out that far, maybe its just the camera playing tricks on me. A stock Detroit is 51 offset, so with my spacer I should be at 41, while your wheels are 43. Is it maybe due to the increased wheel width over stock?

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven't noticed any rubbing yet. It does stick out past the body a bit, which may be the wider wheels/tires, but I like the look. I'm sure it would rub on a car with any significant lowering, unless there was some fender modification.

Last edited:

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Is it maybe due to the increased wheel width over stock?

Yes. This TSW is 8.5 vs your Detroit's 7.5. 1 inch = 24.5mm. So cut that in half and there's an extra 12.25mm sticking out. So it's like if you had 20mm spacers up front.

Just came out, literally. 2015 release

Dan you're almost a TSW rep at this point ;) Your Interlagos are still waiting for the snow to melt...

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed
I like these, nice look on your car man.....Perfect on a black car!
Congrats VW Caps really make em pop

Thanks! I haven't done much cosmetically to the car, But when I saw these, I loved them and had to have them. My local Discount Tire installed them, and did a great job.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Dan you're almost a TSW rep at this point ;) Your Interlagos are still waiting for the snow to melt...

:laugh:

I was wondering if you put them on yet. Snow has melted here, but I'm still holding out for warmer weather & the salt to wash away (if it ever rains)

While I loved the Interlagos, these Bathurst are the nicest wheels I've seen in a while....I love them.
And being lightweight is icing on the cake

eldiablo1

Ready to race!
Hmmm... I do like these new TSW wheels (especially the Bathurst), but based on these pics I'm a bit concerned by the amount of poke up front. With 225/40/18's I'm afraid that I would need to pull the fenders and I'm not that low (H&R sports).

Would you be able to provide a straight on picture to better show the amount of poke of this setup?

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hmmm... I do like these new TSW wheels (especially the Bathurst), but based on these pics I'm a bit concerned by the amount of poke up front. With 225/40/18's I'm afraid that I would need to pull the fenders and I'm not that low (H&R sports).

Would you be able to provide a straight on picture to better show the amount of poke of this setup?

A couple of things to consider....

His setup is 235/40/18 (wider)
&
Michelins are usually "beefier" tires (a little bigger for their size)
&
He's not lowered

225/40/18 on a 8.5" is perfect....you just might need to roll the fenders (and definitely do the fender screw mod).

Ideally, you'd want more low to pull these off though