GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0-60 Times & Specs

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
1. Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey have become the standard for literature, but that doesn't make it right.

2. His point was that the measurement is easily affected by environment and other endogenous factors easily, so the ability to conduct lots of biased trials doesn't mean much.

3. A track eliminates a lot of the biases that 0-60 pulls on an empty street are subject to. Neither a 60ft, 1/8 mile, or 1/4 mile time at a strip nor a 0-60 time apply to real world driving, unless you drive like a weirdo.

OrbitalPulse

Passed Driver's Ed
OP, that is a good time for 6MT with your mods. Really a GTI isn't a from a dig car at all. Tires make a big difference, didn't see if it had been asked, what tires you have on there?

BTW, LOVE the P3 gauge, going to be my first or second mod after a tune. Though, if it's my second I won't have a stock 0-60 time to compare everything I do to the car later with.

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
4 door DSG with a 200 pound passenger, Stock pirellis, APR stage 1 and launched at ~2k RPMs.

0-60 of 5.44

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Lets talk about the best condition to try the best 0-100 km/h tentative;

- New tires used ; Michelin pilot super sport.
- Car full empty of stuffs, not as crazy as remove the back seats but almost.
- I did it on new pavement street and did some wheels spins before attempt it.
- I did 10 runs, this is the best of the 10.

This is on an APR stage 2 91 octane with torque mounts setup. Manual transmission.

This is kinda an old video over 1 year, I never retried it with my full mods list, yet.

What is tricky as that the GTI gear ratio aren't made to do a 0-100 (0-62mph) since u have to shift 2 times to get to the 3th gear, to pass 60mph, So, what I did is shifted 1 time instead (from 1 to 2th gear) but pushed it to 7k rpm. It works since im stage 2 but will not for any stage1.

I started it at 2.2k rpm exactly, I had to modulate the power. This was the HARD part and why I had to try 10 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbu8hOUKlY

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
1. Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey have become the standard for literature, but that doesn't make it right.

2. His point was that the measurement is easily affected by environment and other endogenous factors easily, so the ability to conduct lots of biased trials doesn't mean much.

3. A track eliminates a lot of the biases that 0-60 pulls on an empty street are subject to. Neither a 60ft, 1/8 mile, or 1/4 mile time at a strip nor a 0-60 time apply to real world driving, unless you drive like a weirdo.

Superb post...:thumbsup:

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
If I were ready to buy a new clutch I'd try to see just how quick a stage 1 launch could be. I'm guessing I might be able to do 4.99 seconds with summer tires on good pavement. Maybe this fall I'll be ready to give it a shot.

I'm guessing a lot of this variation is dependent on driver, weather, tires, and pavement - not horsepower.

No way in hell could you go 0-60 in under 5 at stage 1! Especially without a DSG!

jburon80

My 0-60 Time

Here Is My 0-60 Time of 4.33 Seconds

2010 GTI
APR CAI, K04, valve springs, and latest tune.
Wavetrac LSD
Southbend clutch and flywheel.
Eurojet FMIC and TB Exhaust.
Koni Coils
S04 Pole Position 225/40 18
Etc.

Attachments

• 20160328_151651-1.jpg
    20160328_151651-1.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 287

Anitch

Hit a red light on an empty road one night and decided to give it a shot on my accessport. Currently only running Cobbs stage 1 tune. With DSG, and my horrible horrible sumitomo tires I managed a 6.5 which I'm alright with considering I couldn't actually launch the car without tremendous wheels spin. Seriously guys, my tires are bad. Had to get the car rolling before giving it any kind of power. Getting Pilot Sports this week so I'm hoping for a big improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anitch

Big improvement with my Pilot Sports. Spun a little in first gear but that was my fault, so I'm pretty sure a better driver could hit 5.8 easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
These numbers depress me, lol.

kevin.kangg

Why are you getting such slow numbers on a Cobb Stage 1 when people are hitting 5.8 seconds stock? Is Cobb actually useless?