GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
^
This.

3 months of cold/dark/snowy weather coming.

Plus its not all mindless programming, i for one am big into watching auto racing and like my cooking shows. Then you got ww2 programs and what not. Its easier to go without cable in summer for sure though. If you can utilize your DVR so you never have to watch commercials thats ideal and makes it more worth it.

Yeah , i too tried downgrading. They play games with pricing. Having to add on HD packages etc. lame. i might downgrade one more but not sure if im gonna lose some of the educational channels i watch .

Yeah, I love watching Nat Geo Wild and few programs on premium channels. Usually DVR all of the episodes and watch the entire season slowly, whenever I can. And dat auto racing. Can't get Fox Sports 1 without certain packages.

As for pricing, it's better if you're a new customer. Existing customers always get shafted.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Cord cutting just isn’t worth it yet. They don’t have all the things I watch a la carte yet.

Yup.

That and, well, sometimes, it's nice to just flip it on and let the TV decide.

Kinda like the difference between radio/XM and your iPod.

iPod is nice because it has everything I like. But I have to choose.

Radio/XM... I just put it on a channel that usually has stuff I like, and it plays. Sometimes, it plays stuff I wouldn't have picked, but I enjoy it anyways.

I feel the same with a lot of the NatGeo, Discovery, Velocity, etc. channels. After a long week, it's nice to just park on the couch and shut the brain off.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I love watching Nat Geo Wild and few programs on premium channels. Usually DVR all of the episodes and watch the entire season slowly, whenever I can. And dat auto racing. Can't get Fox Sports 1 without certain packages.

As for pricing, it's better if you're a new customer. Existing customers always get shafted.
BUT JABER THEYLL OFFER 3 MONTHS FREE HBO TO US ONCE A YEAR! :bellyroll:

Yup.
That and, well, sometimes, it's nice to just flip it on and let the TV decide.
Kinda like the difference between radio/XM and your iPod.
iPod is nice because it has everything I like. But I have to choose.
Radio/XM... I just put it on a channel that usually has stuff I like, and it plays. Sometimes, it plays stuff I wouldn't have picked, but I enjoy it anyways.
I feel the same with a lot of the NatGeo, Discovery, Velocity, etc. channels. After a long week, it's nice to just park on the couch and shut the brain off.
Accurate^

Its not all mindless shows. Weekend mornings has some awesome cooking programs.

I will be first to agree most of the time youre better off just going to redbox than paying for movie channels though.

However, its nice to be flipping through guide and see some movie you havent seen in years. "woah check it out johnny tsunami is on" iirc
Guess we know who really has the money around here.
Hey man i cut my own hair too....

and i make my own coffee instead of buying it in the morning. i buy 1 maybe 2 pairs of shoes a year AND i dont have a 4k tv yet. so yeah

Jaber

Modero
I've been cutting my own hair since I was 18 :lol: Think last time I went to get a haircut was at betty and nicks, when I live in Albany Park.

I spoil myself and get lunch for work once or twice a week and have been using Tmobile Tuesdays $2 promo code for coffee.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
^
This.

3 months of cold/dark/snowy weather coming.

Plus its not all mindless programming, i for one am big into watching auto racing and like my cooking shows. Then you got ww2 programs and what not. Its easier to go without cable in summer for sure though. If you can utilize your DVR so you never have to watch commercials thats ideal and makes it more worth it.

Yeah , i too tried downgrading. They play games with pricing. Having to add on HD packages etc. lame. i might downgrade one more but not sure if im gonna lose some of the educational channels i watch .

What cooking shows do you watch. I like Alton Brown/Good Eats , theyre all reruns now but I still haven't seen many of them. and Im embarrassed to admit it but I like Guy Fierio's Triple D :iono:

I like the American Hero's Channel, they have a lot of good documentaries on the mob.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
What cooking shows do you watch. I like Alton Brown/Good Eats , theyre all reruns now but I still haven't seen many of them. and Im embarrassed to admit it but I like Guy Fierio's Triple D :iono:

I like the American Hero's Channel, they have a lot of good documentaries on the mob.

Mexico One Plate at a time
Americas Test Kitchen (one of my favorites)
Chef Ming
Diners Drive in Dives
Bizarre Foods
Anthony Bourdain
Good Eats (very educational) , good show yeah
Giada (For all the wrong reasons)

Guys new cooking show is alittle too much for me but been to 2 places hes visited on triple D though. Lines out the door cause they were on the show.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Mexico One Plate at a time
Americas Test Kitchen (one of my favorites)
Chef Ming
Diners Drive in Dives
Bizarre Foods
Anthony Bourdain
Good Eats (very educational) , good show yeah
Giada (For all the wrong reasons)

Guys new cooking show is alittle too much for me but been to 2 places hes visited on triple D though. Lines out the door cause they were on the show.

oh , yeah, I forgot about the ones on PBS - not a big fan of Ming , but I like the Test Kitchen and Rick Bayless' show - I like Patti's Mexican Table too.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Wow. Rich people can afford cable. I'm rocking $20/month internet. Lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.