GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS Brake set up, WORTH IT??

stalkn2v

Passed Driver's Ed
My set up not fully complete but everything should clear with the wheel weights and I have at least a quarter inch between spoke and side of caliper.

Wheel specs are 18x8.5 et 35.

1hp

18x8 OZ Alleggerita +48 with H&R 10MM Spacers

Wheel weights do not clear the caliper, you'll need to balance it out with the outer edge of the rim or behind the spokes
Is 10mm necessary? You seem to have quite some clearance between caliper and spokes and room to put the weights. Could you measure clearance? Trying to figure out if Alleggerita 18x8 et 45 will fit without spacers... THANKS

Last edited:

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Is 10mm necessary? You seem to have quite some clearance between caliper and spokes and room to put the weights. Could you measure clearance? Trying to figure out if Alleggerita 18x8 et 45 will fit without spacers... THANKS

I'm pretty positive that it won't clear the barrel of the wheel for wheel weights. There is no clearance between the caliper and the barrel of the wheel, there is some room from the spokes, but the spokes curves into the caliper. You will definitely need spacers, I've tried it without spacers before and the spokes will nick the caliper.

1hp

I'm pretty positive that it won't clear the barrel of the wheel for wheel weights. There is no clearance between the caliper and the barrel of the wheel, there is some room from the spokes, but the spokes curves into the caliper. You will definitely need spacers, I've tried it without spacers before and the spokes will nick the caliper.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I meant space to put the weights behind the spokes...
So 3mm extra et clearance won't do, need that at least anyway. Too bad, have a guy that will try the Ultralleggera in the same dim (et45), they have straight spokes hope that works out! Next best but still good :)

Joveen

Ready to race!
I have the mk7 wheels I was wondering if these would work?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk