GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HOW TO REMOVE THE FOGLIGHT GRILL SURROUND ON A MK6 GTI?

D2JML

Anyone know how to remove the foglight grill on the mk6 golf gti?

I want to get them sprayed gloss black, but cant figure out how to remove them, even with the bumper off I couldn't see how to remove them?

any help?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You gotta pull out the entire piece, the fog light shrouds and the grill insert come out as 1 piece and then you can separate the fog light shrouds from the rest of it.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I've got a bunch of pics of bumper disassembly in this Flickr album: Custom Lower Grille. Basically you remove the fog light assemblies, the bumper supports (big funky shaped piece on outside edges of bumper), and then you can work the clips out for the grille surround/fog surround assembly. The assembly pops out the front and you can then separate the fog surrounds from the grille surround. It's a pain in the ass and the first time I took it all apart it took me longer than I care to admit haha.

IMG_20170225_144515 by Tony G, on Flickr

D2JML

I've got a bunch of pics of bumper disassembly in this Flickr album: Custom Lower Grille. Basically you remove the fog light assemblies, the bumper supports (big funky shaped piece on outside edges of bumper), and then you can work the clips out for the grille surround/fog surround assembly. The assembly pops out the front and you can then separate the fog surrounds from the grille surround. It's a pain in the ass and the first time I took it all apart it took me longer than I care to admit haha.

IMG_20170225_144515 by Tony G, on Flickr

removing it is hard work and seems impossible the clips are so far in and so firm, so I just masked it off and painted the fog light grill and pointy bits. cant even tell it hasn't been off! had to mask it properly though