GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$300 coilovers?

Appogee

Ready to race!
are solo werks s1 good?
Look up reviews on those coils any you'll get your answer. Just google "Solowerks coilover review gti mk6" and you'll find plenty of threads not just from the GolfMK6 forums.

As for what I've read, most people say you get what you pay for in the end. Your ride quality won't be horrific but it won't be very good either. Specially if you're going to drop it on coils. It all depends on the person. Some people can tolerate, others can't. Roads also matter a great deal. I thought Seattle downtown roads were bad, but compared to the east cost, they're nothing. They're actually decent. My cousin runs dropped Raceland coils on his Scion TC and he says the ride isn't actually half bad. But, as you can tell, the majority of this forum bags on Raceland coils.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
mine aren't horrible but they look like hell. i drive in the snow and salt here and it eats at the coils. they aren't damaged but the covering on the springs are rusting and flaking.

Appogee

Ready to race!
GTIMK6, considering California has such a huge market, you should probably take a gander at the classifieds on the forum or even on craigslist. A nice deal is bound to pop up. I've seen Koni's, granted with 24K+ miles, go for ~$450 that's not bad I guess. Similar price but considering they're from Cali, I don't think you'd have to worry so much about weather wear and tear.