GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 2 DSG vs EVO X MR

Fast4life

Ready to race!
What would the results be? The YouTube videos are very unclear. I think from a dig the evo should edge but what about rolling start? Im not to familiar with the evo but I known 291/300 is close to APR's 274/314 but then there is the whole FWD vs AWD. And what about a stage 1 evo MR? I'm trying to talk myself out of an evo but I think a stage 2 evo or even stage 1 should eat my GTI :( I'm so torn

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Stock Evo x MR? I pulled one pretty damn hard, we were in 2nd and pulled him 2 times, he wouldn't bother anymore.

PS it was a 2008 model, i believe the new ones have a better factory tune.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
stock evo x you will win, stock turbo modded evo x close and could go either way depending on mods, BT evo x.. well yeah.. it will rape a lot of things on the road.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
My friend had an R32, got into a stage 2 Evo x and he HATES IT....

While it's a lot faster than his R32, he told me that is the only thing good about it....AWD isn't much on street use, the car has terrible interior and doesn't feel expensive whatsoever, the GTI is a great package, you are already stage 2, so i would keep the GTI any day.

He is always starring at my car when i am driving around, he really regrets it, speed isn't everything.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
The GTI's balance is the whole reason I picked it over an STI or EVO. Sure an STI/EVO is wicked deadly fast, but what about the other 90% of the time when you don't wanna drive fast?

Like xHearcoreboyx said speed isn't everything. You don't live on a race track.

I do have buyers remorse that I didn't look more into getting a 335i though. I could've gotten one used for a reasonable deal due to the generation change.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
The GTI's balance is the whole reason I picked it over an STI or EVO. Sure an STI/EVO is wicked deadly fast, but what about the other 90% of the time when you don't wanna drive fast?

Like xHearcoreboyx said speed isn't everything. You don't live on a race track.

I do have buyers remorse that I didn't look more into getting a 335i though. I could've gotten one used for a reasonable deal due to the generation change.

Same reason i picked the GTI over the STI or Evo too, I was looking at the bmw 1 series too, coming from an RX-8 GT.

I stumbled across a four door autobahn 6speed mk6 GTI and was intrigued (always being a VW hater :sm3:), I took the time and drove down to the dealership, looked the car over, sat in it, drove it, bought it!

No remorse here...and getting ready to go stage 1 :happyanim: to make the car feel how it should of came from the factory and im sure I will be in more love...

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
Same reason i picked the GTI over the STI or Evo too, I was looking at the bmw 1 series too, coming from an RX-8 GT.

I stumbled across a four door autobahn 6speed mk6 GTI and was intrigued (always being a VW hater :sm3:), I took the time and drove down to the dealership, looked the car over, sat in it, drove it, bought it!

No remorse here...and getting ready to go stage 1 :happyanim: to make the car feel how it should of came from the factory and im sure I will be in more love...

this will lead you on a downward slope of modding and being broke from all the things your going to want to buy

JVonGator

A friend of mine just bought an EVO MR and let me drive it this weekend. His MR is bone stock and really, really quick. The problem for me is the same I had when looking at MazdaSpeed 3; they don't feel like they're built with quality. The Speed 3 especially felt like it was made out of plastic and while the EVO is much higher quality than the 3, it had the same feeling. I also like my touchscreen, nav, and the feel of the GTI steering wheel. I also noticed that the EVO seemed to have about the same turning radius as a school bus.

My GTI is stock except for Stage 1&2 APR Carbonio intake (going APR stage one as soon as my local APR dealer gets thier power back!).

Obligatory photo op after driving each other's rides:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
EVO's are okay....but it would have better if they kept the 4G63 motor. As for the brand Mitsubishi, I could never see myself owning one of their cars. Test drove a '98 GS-T (brand new at the time) and wasn't really impressed much.

Skeptix

Ready to race!
lol yeah their turning radius is awful. 2 of my friends of X's and it's so funny how frustrated they get when they can't turn out of a pretty large space.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Reliability+awd+stock power > "feeling" like you are driving something expensive

I'm sorry, no one that drives an Evo x told me it was worth the money at the end...it's a magnificent sports car (PERIOD)

I drove it, yes it drives very well, but that's all about it...when you start getting tired of speeding and you want to cruise around it feels like driving...well a lancer.