GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
^ hot damn both pics look great. Those are my favorite wheels for this car hands down. Really wish I could have kept them but I needed money badly.

The wheels I have now I have never liked in terms of looks.

I do like that they are 17's, 16 pounds each, and clear my bbk. The weight advantage outweighed the looks of the neuspeeds for me.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Seeing your cars makes me realize i need to lower my rears. My front is also slightly too low. Especially yours steerkrazy, in the rear looks perfect

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I dunno how I didn't know, or I forgot, or just don't see pictures of your car very much. I'm still rockin em but they've been through some changes lol

I love everything you've done on your car, but the red wheels are a bit much for me. I would do a machined finish.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Ej your car lookin so good in that photo...as the kids say these days... hella lit dawg, ill vape to that ish.

Heres what we do phur as photoshopped below

1. Lower your car with springs

2. Cut your oem tips off and get bigger tips

3. Debadge the GTI emblem

4. Coffee decal rear window

Thank you , Kyle is a good photographer.

For Phurs car - if keeping stock wheels - I would add some spacers too.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I love everything you've done on your car, but the red wheels are a bit much for me. I would do a machined finish.

lol, Yea not everyone's a fan of the red. I never really had anybody say they didn't like my wheels when they were bronze, but as soon as I made them red I started getting the rice comments. I just wanted to do something different. I've had black wheels, polished wheels, and bronze wheels...I thought about making them red for a long time before I finally did it. I even asked neuspeed about the colors before I bought them because I was thinking about doing red back then, but I didn't like the color red they offered.

It's not the direction I ever planned on taking my car. I was gonna keep it simple, mostly OEM on the outside. I didn't want to do anything flashy or anything to attract extra attention. Now I got red wheels with an aftermarket spoiler and a big diffuser, but I love how it's all come together.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yup - those were nice

Still are nice iono
We were wheelbros!

We are wheels bros iono
Thank you , Kyle is a good photographer.

For Phurs car - if keeping stock wheels - I would add some spacers too.

Meh on spacers get bigger tires yeah

This except I’d keep them bronze

^ hot damn both pics look great. Those are my favorite wheels for this car hands down. Really wish I could have kept them but I needed money badly.

The wheels I have now I have never liked in terms of looks.

I do like that they are 17's, 16 pounds each, and clear my bbk. The weight advantage outweighed the looks of the neuspeeds for me.

Good wheels are still good. Bronze looks sexy on white.

^

^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
lol, Yea not everyone's a fan of the red. I never really had anybody say they didn't like my wheels when they were bronze, but as soon as I made them red I started getting the rice comments. I just wanted to do something different. I've had black wheels, polished wheels, and bronze wheels...I thought about making them red for a long time before I finally did it. I even asked neuspeed about the colors before I bought them because I was thinking about doing red back then, but I didn't like the color red they offered.

It's not the direction I ever planned on taking my car. I was gonna keep it simple, mostly OEM on the outside. I didn't want to do anything flashy or anything to attract extra attention. Now I got red wheels with an aftermarket spoiler and a big diffuser, but I love how it's all come together.

Different doesn’t always mean better :iono: I think it’s overkill with the red accents and brake calipers. Glad you like it tho.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
and brake calipers

Those need to be painted black. They're mostly pink these days, but I agree and don't like them being red either. I've had people telling me I should add more red accents but I won't listen to them. The wheels and the tails is enough red.

Different doesn’t always mean better

Better for some, worse for others. Like I mentioned nobody hated on my bronze wheels, but I never had anyone stop me to tell me how much they love them either, and they were bronze for about 3 years. The week I got them powdercoated red I had a guy driving next to me tell me how beautiful my wheels were. People that like the red give me more love, but people that don't like the red really don't like the red.

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Those need to be painted black. They're mostly pink these days, but I agree and don't like them being red either. I've had people telling me I should add more red accents but I won't listen to them. The wheels and the tails is enough red.

Better for some, worse for others. Like I mentioned nobody hated on my bronze wheels, but I never had anyone stop me to tell me how much they love them either, and they were bronze for about 3 years. The week I got them powdercoated red I had a guy driving next to me tell me how beautiful my wheels were. People that like the red give me more love, but people that don't like the red really don't like the red.

If you’re doing it purely for attention then you’re doing it for the wrong reason imo. As long as you’re happy I guess.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If you’re doing it purely for attention then you’re doing it for the wrong reason imo. As long as you’re happy I guess.

That's not what I'm tryin to say but I can see that...I'm just sayin the opinions have been a lot more polarizing since I went red. Bronze as a neutral color got pretty neutral responses, but the red has seen a lot more ups and downs.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That's not what I'm tryin to say but I can see that...I'm just sayin the opinions have been a lot more polarizing since I went red. Bronze as a neutral color got pretty neutral responses, but the red has seen a lot more ups and downs.

Do what makes you happy and not what makes others happy. #lifeadvice

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I dislike the red wheels as well, mainly cause the rest of the car was modified very subtle ....

Hear me out:

*Subtle tint
*Removed gti bright red lipstick/honey comb grill
*removed flashy front chrome emblem
*Color matched your side markers
*Dark cherry tails to tone down oem bright red/white tail lights
*Subtle not aggressive front lip

then...

bright chrome red wheels!

I appreciate your build though, just detailed reasons for my overall opinion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion