GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT-RS/Golf R master cylinder

clownish

just clowning around
Finished tinkering for tonight. Happy Clown so far.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
If it fits, works and improves pedal feel this will be included when I piece together an 18z BBK

clownish

just clowning around
Yes sir.

Master cylinder from the TTS, which is the same part as the RS3 - the 3 different cars all use different brake fluid reservoirs but fortunately we could fit that without problems. Used the old GTI gaskets which I would want to replace eventually - prefer to use new items on things like that. Anyways for the purposes of testing..

Installed, bled the system twice, tested. Instant results. Pedal travel/feel feels like what I thought it should feel like after installing a BBK. Happy so far, need to do some testing though. Full pedal travel actually feels like you can tell the difference... the travel hits correctly - feels as tight as what I would want and pedal travel is all the way down. Too late to do anything really to do any real testing though. Pictures and such later.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Yes sir.

Master cylinder from the TTS, which is the same part as the RS3 - the 3 different cars all use different brake fluid reservoirs but fortunately we could fit that without problems. Used the old GTI gaskets which I would want to replace eventually - prefer to use new items on things like that. Anyways for the purposes of testing..

Installed, bled the system twice, tested. Instant results. Pedal travel/feel feels like what I thought it should feel like after installing a BBK. Happy so far, need to do some testing though. Full pedal travel actually feels like you can tell the difference... the travel hits correctly - feels as tight as what I would want and pedal travel is all the way down. Too late to do anything really to do any real testing though. Pictures and such later.

Sweet :w00t:

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
So, you didn't need to change the brake booster? The ttrs mc fit right onto the factory gti booster?

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
So, you didn't need to change the brake booster? The ttrs mc fit right onto the factory gti booster?

He only swapped his MC to the TTS/RS3 version. Still GTI brake booster from what I understand.

I'm still looking forward to the RS3 booster and TTRS MC swap.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Yea that was going to be my next question lol. If the upgraded booster would make a difference in pedal feel combined with the master cylinder. If it is indeed an upgrade.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
How much time did you invest on the full swap?

Last edited:

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hold on a minute.
I don't get it right.
Don't the RS3 and the TTRS have the same booster and MC?

Where did we find out that TTS & RS3 have the same MC?

Is only the shape and fitment that is different on the TTRS but the bore and stroke is the same on TTS, TTRS & RS3?

Good job on trying this for the rest of us waiting for doing this.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Hold on a minute.
I don't get it right.
Don't the RS3 and the TTRS have the same booster and MC?

Where did we find out that TTS & RS3 have the same MC?

Is only the shape and fitment that is different on the TTRS but the bore and stroke is the same on TTS, TTRS & RS3?

Good job on trying this for the rest of us waiting for doing this.

Clownish has been working with HSTuning. I believe they helped him to identify that these are all using the same MC.