GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 500R @ Wörthersee

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Even better...

This guy:

11165077_1061201777228205_8303617738439474788_o.jpg

I didnt take any pictures because it was still under its cover. The main show doesnt start until today so some of the key cars have been covered up. But someone got in it and they lifted the back of the cover just enough for me to make out "500R" on the bumper.

It sounds freaking amazing

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
every one they build like this looks like crap and is riced to all hell. not surprised.

Thats because thats what Europeans like. They cannot get away with modding the crap out of their car like Americans so they usually resort to more body modifications.

That being said this thing looked pretty good. Ill post a picture as soon as i can get it loaded

GTInSuch2

Passed Driver's Ed
every one they build like this looks like crap and is riced to all hell. not surprised.

cradle to grave serfdom = no car mods. symptom of a statist society. instead they rice em up, and VW delivers to that expectation.

do you remember the golf r debut a few years ago? the thing looked like it should've been debuted at a SoCal honda meet

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Well here was the unveil

unveil 1.jpg
unveil 2.jpg
unveil 3.jpg

If you want my two cents... here it is:

This car is over 500HP... which means any all "rice" to it is actually aero since its top speed is in the range of 300kph. All that and the aforementioned comment still stands. Ive been in germany for almost 2 years and the car culture here is very different than that of the state. That culture drives alot of designs you see.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
That thing looks sick. Are those wide fenders even? 500hp with a full warranty would be crazy.

6MTCSG

Banned
Well here was the unveil

View attachment 48748
View attachment 48749
View attachment 48750

If you want my two cents... here it is:

This car is over 500HP... which means any all "rice" to it is actually aero since its top speed is in the range of 300kph. All that and the aforementioned comment still stands. Ive been in germany for almost 2 years and the car culture here is very different than that of the state. That culture drives alot of designs you see.

Looks very nice, but i bet it will cost a pretty penny

Stinger

Ready to race!
I'd be surprised if this car retails at all... Maybe small prod to make WRC or other race quotas but unlikely in a show room for the general public.

I'd like to see how they get to 500 hp and how they strengthen mechanics...

I'm not a big fan of those flaired angular fenders. Reminds me of the legendary Renault Turbo 1 from 1980. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_5_Turbo Actually, the GTI used for the 2011 Nürburgring 24 Hours looks a lot like that Renault!

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I'd be surprised if this car retails at all... Maybe small prod to make WRC or other race quotas but unlikely in a show room for the general public.

This...

Oettinger is the tuning company that worked with VW on the car. They also have a 400r and a 360gti (Names representing power obviously). This is more of a concept for future VWs rather than something that will be out next year.

Also i dont speak a great deal of German so when they were unveiling it im sure some great info came out that i wasnt able to pick up on

bernardryan

Ready to race!
I dont think they are using a 2.0 engine found in either the golf gti or the golf r..

I remember seeing 5 coil-packs which would mean that this would be from the TTRS 2.5l...

I could be wrong.. Its all over topgear (the pics i mean)..