GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help (crazy electrical issues or something)

socali79

Long story short.

Back in June, battery died. Got her jumped no issues for a week
One morning heading to work, a bunch of lights came on dash (ABS, ESP, Steering, TPMS, airbag) and my AC cut out all while i was driving.

Got my battery and alternator tested that same day and all was good. After that one day, never saw those lights again. The next few weeks everything was fine. In mid August my AC starting acting up again like it was overheating or something and just kept shutting off on its own. The pic below shows what is going on. It would stay on on lengths at times or it would shut off after being on for 2 mins. AC still blows cold.

Fast forward to a week ago.

Driving down the street and having serious power flucts. Speedo is bouncing up and down and Im getting a bunch of random lights on the dash. Everytime I turn on the blinker, my stereo cuts out and more lights randomly come on. As of three days ago, I opened up the car door and my interior lights fluctuate and the car was hard to start, so I chalked it up to my battery finally dying. Got a new battery yesterday and she is still doing the same thing after the battery change. Still having power fluctuations and AC does what it wants (Ac still blows cold).

Only mod is a powered sub in hatch. Checked all the stereo wiring today and didnt see anything wrong but maybe im overlooking things.

I need some help! Any useful advice is welcome and other troubleshooting steps.

thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7222.JPG
    IMG_7222.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 110

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
Check the underhood fuse box next to the battery. 30 amp fuse at the rear of it will probably be melted. If so gonna need new fuse box. Common issue with the tiguans.

socali79

I think i may have found the problem. Wire goes to the positive on the battery.

Attachments

• IMG_7223.JPG
    IMG_7223.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 152