GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek Cat-Backs

R18

Hi,

I'm interested in getting the milltek cat-back for my R. I'm not sure if I should get the Non-resonated or Resonated system. Since I'm in South Africa, milltek is quite expensive.

Would like some help in deciding with system to go with.

Thanks

TEFF

godfather
I had the non-resonated version. It's perfect! No drone! It has a valve and keeps it quiet in low speeds

playinwithfire

I would love to hear a resonated sound clip, but it seems like the only way that will ever happen is if I buy the system myself.

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
Same here I'm thinking between both I feel that the non resonated can become tiring, but TEFF says it sounds Bad ass sooo I will probably end up buying the non resonated.

Another thing you can do is get the non resonated and if you dont like it I am almost sure you can buy the resonator piece...

mkviken

Ready to race!
I've got non-res on my GTI and its great. not loud at all. the intake is louder than the exhaust.

if you fit a down pipe a non-res will get louder though

i tried a resonated and it was quieter than stock

Sandok

Passed Driver's Ed
My first mod on the R was the Milltek cat-back exhaust!

Noise wise, I think the exhaust is great and really makes the car sound as powerful as it should! I have a few vids on my YouTube channel (though I'm sure you've already heard the exhaust in plenty of vids).

From inside the car, it does not make a drone (I did the flapper mod on the R and THAT makes a drone) and is very livable, but of course louder than stock. If you do a lot of city driving, the flap is open in 2nd and is a tad too loud, but otherwise 99% of the time it is awesome.

As for the resonated sound, wait two more years and I'll record it for you! :)

The ONLY thing I do not like with the Milltek so far is the build quality. My pipes have suffered big time and the ceramic black tips will look worse with time. I have notified Milltek but no answer on their part.

First the inside wore:

And here is what it looks like now:

So keep this in mind when choosing an exhaust!

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
My first mod on the R was the Milltek cat-back exhaust!

Noise wise, I think the exhaust is great and really makes the car sound as powerful as it should! I have a few vids on my YouTube channel (though I'm sure you've already heard the exhaust in plenty of vids).

From inside the car, it does not make a drone (I did the flapper mod on the R and THAT makes a drone) and is very livable, but of course louder than stock. If you do a lot of city driving, the flap is open in 2nd and is a tad too loud, but otherwise 99% of the time it is awesome.

As for the resonated sound, wait two more years and I'll record it for you! :)

The ONLY thing I do not like with the Milltek so far is the build quality. My pipes have suffered big time and the ceramic black tips will look worse with time. I have notified Milltek but no answer on their part.

First the inside wore:

And here is what it looks like now:

So keep this in mind when choosing an exhaust!

What is your channel I want to hear those videos??!! Also do you only have the cat back or the full turbo back exhaust? Thanks

Sandok

Passed Driver's Ed
What is your channel I want to hear those videos??!! Also do you only have the cat back or the full turbo back exhaust? Thanks

Candy Coated Comet VW posted one of the videos, I'll post a link to both of them (no clue how to embed those videos here...)

My exhaust are Cat-Back Non-Resontated, plenty loud enough!

First video has a little intro, but a few drive-bys in the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPepvWIonnw

Second video is much more direct, comparison from stock to Milltek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLlSvIl8qwo

:thumbsup:

ozer

Passed Driver's Ed
hi all,
I will have a Milltek resonated without sports cat by tomorrow. I will post a video clip shortly. It will also with titanium tailpipes.

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
Candy Coated Comet VW posted one of the videos, I'll post a link to both of them (no clue how to embed those videos here...)

My exhaust are Cat-Back Non-Resontated, plenty loud enough!

First video has a little intro, but a few drive-bys in the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPepvWIonnw

Second video is much more direct, comparison from stock to Milltek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLlSvIl8qwo

:thumbsup:

Nice comparison man. And I am glad you only have the cat back because I will only purchase a cat back for now and I wanted to see the difference with only swapping it instead of the full turbo back exhaust.

It sounds fucking great! :thumbup: Only thing is that Milltek is crazy expensive...

R18

Thanks for the info guys... Guess will for the non-resonated cat-back.

The black tips look good, but bit concerned after Sandocks post.

Teff did you have any problems with your tips?