GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Building the Red Dragon

Red Dragon1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys

I thought id share what ive done to my GTI and my future plans. First of all, yes i do call my car the red dragon, yes it is off the movie ol skool, and yes i know its lame but I dont care.:fighting0030:

I ordered my car in mid July 2010 and got it early Augest. Its a red, 2 door, manual with detroits and MDI. Im very happy with the car and glad I chose it over a focus st and a wrx. This is the first car ive every really gotten into modifying, ever since I got my APR stage 1 tune I was hooked and havent looked back since. Here is the list of mods I have so far:
Engine
* APR K04
* APR/Carbonio Stage 1&2 Intake
* APR Intercooler
* APR Turbo Back Exhaust
Driveline
* APR/DXD Stage 3 Daily Clutch and Flywheel
* SuperPro Torque Arm Insert
Suspension
* H&R Touring Cup Kit
* H&R 26mm Front and 22mm Rear Swaybars
* SuperPro Anti-lift Kit
* SuperPro Bushes
Brakes
* DBA 4000 Series Cross Drilled Rotors
* Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads
* ATE Super Blue Fluid

The car is my daily driver and I dont plan on doing any track stuff with it. Im extremely happy with how it is set up at the moment, all the mods have done a great job of improving the car whilst still making it an easy daily driver. I can personally recommend any these mods, they are all great quality and do the job intended really well. I especially love the H&R cup kit, its awsome. And APR in Australia are great guys and always go out of their way to help me out and give me good deals.

The only real cosmetic mod I have is a 35% window tint, im not a big fan of exterior mods, I like having the car looking stock, especially when you kill a V8 at the lights, seeing people mouthing WTF? is a good feeling. :happyanim:

Im pretty sure my next mod will be a good set of tyres. I really dont like the stock dunlops, ill probably be getting a set of hancook ventus v12 evos. Some time in the future id love to get a big break kit and a set of BBs wheels.

Ill go take some pics on the weekend and post them up. Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers

Red Dragon1

Passed Driver's Ed
Pics

Just some pics I have on my pc. Ill go out and take some good ones soon.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg