GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynaudio RNS-315 Removal & Factory Amplifier

pjd2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys - I'm looking to replace my Dynaudio coded RNS-315 with a Pioneer 4100NEX for Android Auto and to round out my other equipment.

Debating on selling the unit, though, and have a few questions.

1) Can I use the factory amplifier with the iDatalink Maestro and have all four channels powered? I've heard the Dynaudio system uses the HU and amplifier in unison for power. May just hang onto the unit to take it back to stock if I can't do this.

2) What's a good used price for the units? Would it being Dynaudio coded increase the value over a normal unit by any means?

3) Is there anyway I could use the stock BT microphone with the Pioneer unit?

Cheers!

pjd2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Currently have the amplifier and everything good to go for the unit.

I want to know if the Maestro will work for
1) When I sell the car I can take all my amps and subs out AND still have the stock speakers/amp working.
2) So I can sell the RNS-315.

Which brings up the question, again, I think you misread - How much would a used RNS-315 with the Dynaudio coding go for? Looks like vanilla units are ~$300 online.

If the factory amp will work with the Pioneer unit I'll just sell the RNS-315 and rest easy knowing when I sell the car the HU isn't losing anyone anything.

Last edited:

mrpippy

I have a 2011 Autobahn (with Dynaudio) and am using a 5000NEX+Maestro. I didn't change my audio wiring at all, so the Pioneer is going through the Dynaudio amp.

It works fine for me, the setup might not be ideal (like I think the factory setup has the head unit output line-level and then volume control is done by the amp, I'm not sure the Pioneer+Maestro setup is working this way) but it sounds good.

Once in a while the amp does seem to get confused and I'll get no audio out, but it goes away on the next ignition or after unplugging/plugging the Dynaudio amp.

Pretty sure there's no way to use the stock BT mic with aftermarket radios.

I do get worse FM reception on the Pioneer vs either of the VW radios I had before (using the Enfig FM adapter) but this might be a problem just with my Pioneer.

Dynaudio coding doesn't add any value to your RNS-315, that's something that can be changed through VCDS.

pjd2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome! Thanks @mrpippy!

I seem to have the same issue with my RNS-315 with the random bouts of not outputting sound. I'm using an external amp + processor, though, so maybe it's something different. Goes away after turning the car all the way off an on too.

Looks like I'll be able to recoup most of the cost of the 4100NEX by selling my processor and RNS-315. Excited to finally push my system!