GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 03-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #29
GTIMK6_
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: GTI Wolfsburg '13
What coding was needed, and also could you post a picture of the modified adapters? Will be picking up a complete set of xenons with led next week, and this would be a great help!
GTIMK6_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:31 PM   #30
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 UGM GTI; 6-speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutjunkie View Post
I just got all of my lights working with the midline. If you go back to the beginning of this thread, im the guy who started it. I have a mid line cecm on a '12 golf tdi and bought the OEM xenons with LED. I bought the Kufatec harness but you need to make/modify three wires. It's the #4 from the stock harness that needs to go to the #12 on the kufatec to power the LEDs. Everything works now- high beams, leds as drls and they even stay on when the headlights come on(I have the stock light switch).
There's only two minor problems- check high beam light indicator is on and when you pull back on the high beam stalk to "bright" someone when the lights are off, it doesn't work.

This is music to my ears! Worth a shot first to save $400!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #31
troutjunkie
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '12 Golf TDI, '07 Duramax HD
So there's no need to run those wires to the cecm. There's no male end inside the midline cecm for them. But you can use them in the retrofit of the harness. You'll need to order four of the "small terminals" and six of the "male spade wire terminals" from ECS tuning along with their adapters. You'll also need some wire. Using the extra high beam wires from the harness and the new small terminals, you will make six new wires(three for each adapters)
Go back to the first couple of entries on this thread to see which new wires go where. The post was from pk440. Also there's a video on YouTube of how to "release" the inside of the adapters to allow the new terminals to be inserted. It takes a little time but you'll figure it out. Also, coding is covered in a link discussed earlier.
I ended up buying a vagcom from RossTech.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #32
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

You can get high beams with one wire too by splicing it in half and soldering each 1/2 to the long wires that are suggested to go to the cecm. I'm going to pick up some more wiring this week and try to get the leds working with my current setup

Old 03-22-2015, 04:05 AM   #33
GTIMK6_
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutjunkie View Post
So there's no need to run those wires to the cecm. There's no male end inside the midline cecm for them. But you can use them in the retrofit of the harness. You'll need to order four of the "small terminals" and six of the "male spade wire terminals" from ECS tuning along with their adapters. You'll also need some wire. Using the extra high beam wires from the harness and the new small terminals, you will make six new wires(three for each adapters)
Go back to the first couple of entries on this thread to see which new wires go where. The post was from pk440. Also there's a video on YouTube of how to "release" the inside of the adapters to allow the new terminals to be inserted. It takes a little time but you'll figure it out. Also, coding is covered in a link discussed earlier.
I ended up buying a vagcom from RossTech.
I know nothing about wiring so please bare with me on the noob questions. What gauge wiring did you use, and would it really matter what kind is used? Also When Pk440 put the description on how to rewire the adapter when it says
5 -> 5 & 7 (additional ground to 7) what is a ground and how would that look on the adapter.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #34
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIMK6_ View Post
I know nothing about wiring so please bare with me on the noob questions. What gauge wiring did you use, and would it really matter what kind is used? Also When Pk440 put the description on how to rewire the adapter when it says

5 -> 5 & 7 (additional ground to 7) what is a ground and how would that look on the adapter.

You don't need The ground actually. Mine work fine without it. You need to pick up an OEM trigger wire. I posted another thread link earlier. The part number is in that thread. You need the oem part because of the pins on either end.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #35
GTIMK6_
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post
You don't need The ground actually. Mine work fine without it. You need to pick up an OEM trigger wire. I posted another thread link earlier. The part number is in that thread. You need the oem part because of the pins on either end.

Cool! Also for the terminals that we're supposed to make, is there any recommended gauge wire we use? Everything seems clear to me now, except that.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #36
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Shouldn't have to buy any extra wire besides the oem trigger one. :idunno:

Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #37
GTIMK6_
FIA GT Newbie

Oh no sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about the wires that we needed to make, to get the leds working that trout junkie mentioned. "The six new wires, three for each adapter."
Old 03-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #38
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIMK6_ View Post
Oh no sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about the wires that we needed to make, to get the leds working that trout junkie mentioned. "The six new wires, three for each adapter."

Yeah those trigger wires should work! Either way I'm going to pick up parts tomorrow and try it. I'll report back with results!

Old 03-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #39
GTIMK6_
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post
Yeah those trigger wires should work! Either way I'm going to pick up parts tomorrow and try it. I'll report back with results!

Sounds good!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #40
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Ok reporting back...no luck.

I added a repair wire from pin 4 to pin 12 with all the correct connectors and still no LEDs. hmmmm....
Old 04-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #41
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Is there a different Vagcom setting we have to do for the LEDs besides selecting them as DRLs?
Old 04-03-2015, 09:50 PM   #42
troutjunkie
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '12 Golf TDI, '07 Duramax HD
I'll check my coding tomorrow and let u know what I have. I'm pretty sure I followed the same coding as what the other guys suggested. Are you getting any bulb out errors ?