GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR is pleased to present the ultimate Pendulum Mount Upgrade!

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Above picture was taken from a MK7 GTI non Performance Package. Does the broken mount in that picture even look similar to the APR mount? Doesn't to me...

This is the same design used on the MK7 Golf R. VAG upgraded to this design as the previous design was prone to failure.

TLDR;
MK6 GTI and MK7 GTI = old design, prone to failures as you see above.
MK7 Golf R and APR = new design, reducing the likelihood of a failure

mark986

Ready to race!
The APR mount moves side to side as well. That one appears to only move up and down.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
holy crap indeed. I was going to buy the APR one. Once I saw that post I rather want the mount itself to break instead of the transmission hole...

The factory transmission is far more susceptible to the issue above with the factory mount in place. The factory mount uses a small piece of stamped steel.

VW upgraded to the full style (like ours), to help the issue seen above on the mk7. Of course, failure is still possible, as the piece is still a weak cast part.

Ours is made from a thick solid piece of aluminum.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
The factory transmission is far more susceptible to the issue above with the factory mount in place. The factory mount uses a small piece of stamped steel.

VW upgraded to the full style (like ours), to help the issue seen above on the mk7. Of course, failure is still possible, as the piece is still a weak cast part.

Ours is made from a thick solid piece of aluminum.

Does your Canadian distributors carry it or better to order from APR site and ship to Canada

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Does this work better with the OEM subframe mounts in place or with an insert or HPA puck?

I upgraded the engine and transmission mounts and while I'm happy with the improvement, I'd like more.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Does this work better with the OEM subframe mounts in place or with an insert or HPA puck?

I upgraded the engine and transmission mounts and while I'm happy with the improvement, I'd like more.

I can't say if it works "better" or not - but I'm running it with an HPA Red Puck and am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I can't say if it works "better" or not - but I'm running it with an HPA Red Puck and am very happy with it.

Awesome. How are the vibrations? I don't mind some NVH (I like feeling that the engine is running, so some is good), I just don't want it to feel like the interior is going to rattle to pieces.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Awesome. How are the vibrations? I don't mind some NVH (I like feeling that the engine is running, so some is good), I just don't want it to feel like the interior is going to rattle to pieces.

I didn't notice any increased NVH from the APR mount, but I was already running the HPA Puck and an upgraded subframe mount. Only switched to the APR for the new mounting style, as I had torn that bolt out of the transmission casing three times already.

So far so good :)

I run BFI Stage 1 Engine and transmission mounts, the APR subframe mount with the red puck - NVH is pretty harsh at idle with AC on ... but I just hold her at 1000 RPMs instead of letting it settle to 800, and it's fine. With AC off, she purrs like a kitten.

diputs

just installed the APR pendulum mount - but need to ask about the supplied bolts

I installed the mount after upgrading the engine and transmission mounts - 034 density line with the 034 dogbone billet. It was the post that the 034 dogbone billet could snap the OEM PM that spooked me -better safe than sorry.

GTI is K04 and just installed a LSD.

One thing the APR PM instructions say at 1st page is that this part is designed for the mk7 platform???

After the isntall the best way to descibe it is that the car so planted to the ground, the pendulum mount caused no added NVH. The sound of engine is so much growlier as you increase revs and nicer. When you make gear changes(DSG), the gear change is solid and silk. Braking feel is so much more stable and controlled. There is just reduced slack all around! Obviously all points apart from subframe are more planted now.

One thing i need to ask - my mechanic was reluctant to intall the supplied 2*12mm bolts as he felt the thread length and dimensions were less integral and robust than the originals.

I just followed his direction but need to ask APR - Airin if the purpose of the the supplied bolts was to fail instead of destroying the mounting point on the transmission - as per the pics shared in above posts.

Do i need to worry? Should i go back and insist on the APR supplied bolts - are such bolts correct for the mk6 platform - given the instruction introduction?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide and for a great product APR!

the1bill1

Arin,

I picked up the billet dogbone mount for my CC to go with the 034 street density mounts that I installed recently.

In the instructions, it was mentioned that the motor and teams may need to be rocked to get the bolts to line up. there wound up being about 30MM or so (>1") difference between the bolt holes on the billet dogbone and the bolt holes on the trans when the bolt is through the subframe mount bushing.

It seemed a bit extreme, and it feels like there is substantial preload on the mount. I verified that the CC and the MK6 GTI are both listed applications for this mount.

Is what I am seeing normal, or should I be concerned? Have these been installed in other CCs without complaint?

I love the mount, though. Design and execution are top notch. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anybody.

Thanks!

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Arin,

I picked up the billet dogbone mount for my CC to go with the 034 street density mounts that I installed recently.

In the instructions, it was mentioned that the motor and teams may need to be rocked to get the bolts to line up. there wound up being about 30MM or so (>1") difference between the bolt holes on the billet dogbone and the bolt holes on the trans when the bolt is through the subframe mount bushing.

It seemed a bit extreme, and it feels like there is substantial preload on the mount. I verified that the CC and the MK6 GTI are both listed applications for this mount.

Is what I am seeing normal, or should I be concerned? Have these been installed in other CCs without complaint?

I love the mount, though. Design and execution are top notch. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anybody.

Thanks!

Yeahh. When you took the old mount out. your engine basically dropped back a bit or forward depends on which way gravity was effecting it. You will need to push it back into place to get the bolt to line up.

It happens with stock mounts too. just whenever you fully unbolt that mount(or any engine mount the engine/trans can shift away and you will need to re-align it.

KaJ

Ready to race!
Any DSG owners that had all stock mounts upgrade to this? I'm curious how the NVH feels going from stock to only this part (no other aftermarket mounts or inserts).

I've had the Neuspeed Poly Insert to pair with all stock mounts for my K04 for a while and my wife absolutely hates the NVH it causes with my DSG in reverse or with the AC on at idle. I'm actually going to remove it this month.

estepnie

Ready to race!
Any DSG owners that had all stock mounts upgrade to this? I'm curious how the NVH feels going from stock to only this part (no other aftermarket mounts or inserts).

I've had the Neuspeed Poly Insert to pair with all stock mounts for my K04 for a while and my wife absolutely hates the NVH it causes with my DSG in reverse or with the AC on at idle. I'm actually going to remove it this month.

I installed an insert before upgrading the stock motor mounts and had pretty bad NVH. After installing the 034 street density mounts the NVH decreased, they are still there though.