GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

driver seat issue

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
hey guys,

when i got my car and i would move the driver seat up to let my son in the back, the seat bottom would slide back to where i had it and then the seat back would return to its prior position.

now, when i slide the seat bottom back, it doesnt stop where i had it set. it goes all the way back and then i gave to adjust it every time when i sit down. getting annoying.

i see a little silver clip or something in the track closest to the door. now sure it this isnt working anymoee or if this has nothing to do with it.

any insight is greatly appreciated

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
The clip on the rail that hold your seat to where it is supposed to be is detached from the seat, and it is now at the end of the rail. Normally, this clip moves along with the seat when you pull the front lever to adjust how far back to want to sit. This clip is detached from the seat and sit at that location when you push the back rest forward to let passenger out.

What you need to do is:

Pull the lever in the front of the seat and push the seat all the way back until it stops. Release the lever. The clip should now be re-attached to the seat rail. Readjust the seat to where you want it to be.

Basically, you need to make sure the clip is attached to the seat so you can adjust it again.

Last edited:

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
^ i don't remember what color it is. It happened to me 1 month after getting the car. I think it's the same color with the rail iirc.