GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What all have you used plasti dip for?

Austin_W

Go Kart Champion
I covered my face with it for Halloween, and proceeded to get arrested immediately.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I came here to say I plastidipped my eyeballs so I didn't have to look at lime green wheels and black butthole disease anymore..

But you pretty much beat me to the punch in a sense.

Bravo

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Plastidipped my dashcam to get rid of all the shiny silver or chrome buttons and trim. Tedious taping and X-acto knife work involved but overall very easy and completely reversible process. Dash cam is about as stealth as it can be while hiding out above my rear view.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
ill say it once and ill say it again, This youtube channel is your go to for all supplies and videos on how to plasti dip rims tires trim etc

Blue gti full spray, they also have a green and a multi colored gti. Pretty sweet even luxury high end cars like an r8 get sprayed..check it out

all videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom/videos

sweet shirt they got on their website

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I have 35% all the way around. It definitely looks darker in the pic than in real life.

Yeah I've been debating doing a couple of things,
either
1. de badging the rear completely
2. putting an apr badge on the right
3. removing the gti badge and replacing with an apr badge

Can't quite decide on what I want to do.

I would add an APR badge on the right. I personally debadged it and kind of regret it. I think it's classy with the GTI sign, and if I had an APR tune I would definitely put the APR logo on the right. Just make sure it comes out perfect :)

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
How's the white dip holding up?
I'm thinking of doing the same, but I'm thinking they'd get noticeably dirty very quickly... I'm hoping I'm wrong :)

I plastidipped my wheels white for about a month or two and it held up okay. I used glossifier as well. In my experience the wheels would get black from brake dust, dirt, etc. but when I went to clean the wheels it wouldn't come out 100% When I was driving it was unnoticeable but when looking at the wheels you could obviously tell they where plastidipped. Personally, I wouldn't plastidip my wheels unless it's for no more than a week.

mkroo

I plastidipped my wheels white for about a month or two and it held up okay. I used glossifier as well. In my experience the wheels would get black from brake dust, dirt, etc. but when I went to clean the wheels it wouldn't come out 100% When I was driving it was unnoticeable but when looking at the wheels you could obviously tell they where plastidipped. Personally, I wouldn't plastidip my wheels unless it's for no more than a week.

Good to know. When you say it's obvious they're dipped.... do you mean because of the texture, or because of the way the grime stained the dip?

Wonder if black would be any better off.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I did my front and rear emblems in matte black + glossifier to see if I'd like the gloss look. I peeled it off and redid the job with straight gloss black paint a week later, not to say the plastidip was bad in any way. The gloss on actual paint looks better to me than plastidip gloss.

I dipped my engine cover and coolant cap. it looked like crap. i redid it in krylon and it looks way better. i've also used it to touch up old wheels after i curbed them so it wouldn't show up as easily. i think it's good to do if you want to try out the look but most permanent options (painting, powdercoating) will look much better.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Never used it for my car but the foam rubber on the back side of
my boat carpet was deteriorating from sun, water etc. The carpet side was fine. I scraped off the loose stuff, and painted the back with plastidip and it came out like a new rubber backing.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks! I have 35% all the way around. It definitely looks darker in the pic than in real life.

I would add an APR badge on the right. I personally debadged it and kind of regret it. I think it's classy with the GTI sign, and if I had an APR tune I would definitely put the APR logo on the right. Just make sure it comes out perfect :)

Also has no GTI badge kinda regretting it too, kinda want to show off the GTI name. Might opt for a apr badge on the right hatch down the line but at that crossroads of do i want to notify everyone around me whats done to my car or stay under the radar. Got a better chance of getting out of a ticket without stickers on the window, tuner badges etc. On the other hand, i really do enjoy the apr tune. :thumbsup: