GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
Thanks! I went with ultralows I bought off the forum with only 6-7k miles on them :)

Ahh nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
Very true there is that too. The European models have been out for some time but, it will most likely differ from our NA market ones because they are built entirely in another country. I guarantee that will raise some issues lol.

Was on vwvotex and every one was complaining about how all the mk7's are made in Mexico instead of Germany and I kind of agree if I want a German car, I want it from Germany... But their not the only company that does it.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Was on vwvotex and every one was complaining about how all the mk7's are made in Mexico instead of Germany and I kind of agree if I want a German car, I want it from Germany... But their not the only company that does it.

Personally, I don't really care where the car is assembled. The problem lies in the fact that Europe gets this car almost 2 years ahead of us but, because it is being assembled in a totally different country than the European market car we never know what problems are going to creep up on us. It is a whole other factory these cars are being built in and despite what anyone says it WILL have different quality control and what not. So, it is really hard to just jump into the unknown. For all we know the first few runs will catch fire and blow up because entirely different people are assembling them. That is a bit dramatic but you get the point lol. I would hate to buy the car and a year down the line the engine or the trans decides to take a shit and I am on my own because vw will blame my mods.

On another note just saw Zillon's thread. What are your guys' thoughts on the jcw mini? Might consider one of those as well if I don't need the space lol.

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
Personally, I don't really care where the car is assembled. The problem lies in the fact that Europe gets this car almost 2 years ahead of us but, because it is being assembled in a totally different country than the European market car we never know what problems are going to creep up on us. It is a whole other factory these cars are being built in and despite what anyone says it WILL have different quality control and what not. So, it is really hard to just jump into the unknown. For all we know the first few runs will catch fire and blow up because entirely different people are assembling them. That is a bit dramatic but you get the point lol. I would hate to buy the car and a year down the line the engine or the trans decides to take a shit and I am on my own because vw will blame my mods.

On another note just saw Zillon's thread. What are your guys' thoughts on the jcw mini? Might consider one of those as well if I don't need the space lol.

Yeah, and that's the problem with any new models with any car company. I remember my dad was looking into the Chevy cruze and an Altima a while ago when the cruze came out and he decided to not go with the cruze because of the fact it was a brand new model

TomCat1

Ready to race!
I kind of like the mk6 a lot more. Looks weird to me. The lights are so small makes it look....ehh wack.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

TomCat1

Ready to race!
I am selling all my internal organs and buying a fucking Ferrari FF! I don't care anymore lol.

Let's do it! Lol. Yolo. Hahaha.

But I want a Ferrari California all white. Fresh AF.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Ferrari Berlinetta all black sick AF

Last edited:
focus on the mk6 gti fellas. lol

arty, mk7 is a wish that is pointless. you know it's a farshot, too many glitches to sort out. get in an R in a couple years. get a mk6, learn how to play with turbo, then boom you are set for a stage 2 R

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
I'm really hoping we get the R400, but Na never get the fun cars lol :/ it's not like I can get one anyways but would be nice!

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
but it's a mustang...

lol

anyways, i'm looking at what's available.

and need to go back to stock on my car haha.

and I think I will sell the steering wheel in the other gti, and keep mine since it was brand new on my car :D

I think I can transfer everything except, headlights. that I will also put on sale.

and my lower grill.

i keep waiting on you to put up the valence for sale

I was looking to get a new filter for the carbonio, K&N, don't feel like cleaning it again.

Once I take off the bumper, I need to figure out how to get this bolt to stay in place. It comes off around 1 or 2 weeks after. The low rpms makes the intake vibrate and make a tractor sound haha :D