GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drive Gear Springs!

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Hi gang.

Although they've been great, I'm seeing if anyone's interested in my set of VW Drive Gear springs. If you haven’t heard about them, check out this link: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098.

Since they're linear Eibach springs designed for VW, they’re made to work with your stock shocks and retain the factory warranty. They lowered my car a little less than an inch all around and ride virtually the same as stock. I had them on from the end of June to end of September (about 3,000km) with 0 issues. These are the 4-door version and will fit MKV/MKVI Golf or GTI.

Here's pics of the actually springs packed up and ready to go:

The reason I’m selling is they were a temporary fix for the ugly stock wheel gap till I made up my mind between coilovers or a cup kit.

I purchased them from Kiffer VW for $226.30 US + $34 shipping plus a whopping $90.00 UPS brokerage charge. Willing to let them go for $200 and will include the required suspension limiters. Looking to sell locally or ship with in Canada but open to reasonable offers.

Again, these are made to work with your stock struts and won’t void your warranty like other springs on the market.

Cheers.
Rob

May want to say if they are the DSG or manual version as well.

Good luck with the sale and I hope you enjoy the new setup.

AaronRedGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
would these work with a 2 door also?

toosteeley

Passed Driver's Ed
May want to say if they are the DSG or manual version as well.

Good luck with the sale and I hope you enjoy the new setup.

Good point.

They're the DSG version which drop the car evenly to 25.5" all around.

Thanks for the head's up!

twopock

Ready to race!
I may be interested in this, you'll receive a PM from me later if I am.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if I get these from you, should I purchase a new set of hardware myself from VW? From reading the DG thread, I know there's a hardware set of some sort that is recommended.

toosteeley

Passed Driver's Ed
should I purchase a new set of hardware myself from VW? From reading the DG thread, I know there's a hardware set of some sort that is recommended.

If you read the DG thread (link in my original post) it outlines all the hardware recommended.

Having done a few suspension installs, it really appears the only must-haves are the strut bearings. I've reused all the nuts/bolts with no issues.