GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SuperEffinDuper's super effin blue GTI

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
So I got around to adding Stage 1 APR tune but unfortunately I cant take a picture of awesome. I did add the Carbonio Stage 1 intake though and honestly havent gotten around to snapping a crappy iphone pic yet. But I did decide to revamp the entire stereo in the car today as the stock one just leaves me growling when a good song comes on and I cant make it sound good. My last two cars I did the same setup with 2 10" Rockford Fosgate subs and a Sony Xplode 1000w amp while leaving the door speakers alone. On my truck I changed the head unit to an Alpine 9885 and it was pure secks appearance-wise. The sound was meh, simply because it was a small truck and didnt have much room to work.

But today I decided Im in love with my GTI and it was time to do things right. It also helped i had about $4k laying around from recently selling my jet ski.

Lazy Sundays + Surplus funds = Me personally boosting the local economy

Went to the local Brandsmart USA as they always advertise low prices and you can talk them down lower usually.

Walked out with....
Alpine Type R 6.5" Components
Alpine Type S 6.5" Coaxials
2 Alpine Type R 10" Subwoofers
Alpine MRX-100 1000w Monoblock Amplifier
Alpine MRP-F300 75w x 4 channel Amplifier
Bassworx dual 10" ported subwoofer box
Enough Monster Cable to wire it all up

296839_10150265020374499_672984498_7771178_1925151_n.jpg

Only had time to put the door speakers in today. 60 work week this week so I'll finish the rest next Saturday. Can't wait.

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
photo (1).jpg
photo.jpg

Installed the amps and subs over the weekend. Incredibly pleased with the sound quality in almost every aspect. I listen to almost all types of music and it works for everything. Peter Frampton to Lil Jon, it all sounds good. When I turn the bass up its almost too much, the sunglass holder in front of the sunroof keeps falling open, but its a good problem haha. Once I get that thing to stay closed, I think the only thing the car needs is an EQ of some sort. Right now Im stuck between the RF 3sixty and Alpines EQ.

So far the Mods I've done are:
APR Stage 1 ECU Upgrade (fully loaded, on sale)
APR Stage 1 Carbonio Intake
Alpine Type R Components and Type S Coaxials
Alpine Type R 10" Subwoofers
Alpine 4 channel amp
Alpine 1900w Max Monoblock amp

As for future mods, there isnt much left as I like the sleeper style of modding. Looking at short shifters, SS brake lines/ clutch line, UR Downpipe with resonator and cat, reflash to Stage 2, some sort of audio EQ.

Any input or feedback is always welcome

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Just took advantage of the Ultimate Racing Sale. Ordered the DP with a caramic cat and resonator, 72 hour work weeks for the next 4 weeks mean I wont be able to put it on until after Xmas but it'll be here waiting to take the trip up to USP to reflash to stage 2. Ridiculously excited!

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Ended up having some extra time off today so called around to see what it would cost to have the UR DP installed as I wasn't particularly excited spending a couple hours layig under my car on jack stands the bloody knuckles and elevated blood pressure that comes with most exhaust jobs in the front yard.

Called USP Motorsports and they wanted $200 just to install the DP......negative ghost rider. So I called another shop in the area I've heard good things about called Wolfcars Motorsports. They told $100 for DP install and $40 to flash to APR Stage 2. Drive down to Doral, waited in their comfy chairs for a couple hours and drove out happy as a pig in shit.

Wolfcars Motorsports will be who I call first for now on, nothing against USP, but Wolfcars was just on the ball pricewise and with quality of work. Beautiful garage with clean white floors. Same goes for waiting area. Staff was cool to talk to, extremely knowledgable about VWs, Audi's, BMW's, and anything from Germany. One of the employees use to work for The Collection (well known exotics dealer in Miami), then for Vertex (parts supplier to The Collection and other import dealers), and his knowledge of vehicles has been gained through years in the industry. Couldn't of been more comfortable handing them my car to work on.

As for the Ultimate Racing DP. I went with the ceramic cat and resonator options. My car is most definitely quieter than stock if that's possible. Box came a little beat up from UPS (wouldn't expect anything else) but due to their gratuitous use of packing peanuts (gratuitous= holy fucking shit that's alot!!!) the DP and all parts came out spotless. All welds looks beautiful and smooth. Installer said it went on without a hitch.

APR Stage 2 software. Honestly, I've only driven it from the garage to work so maybe 45 mins. First impression is that it feels like a smoother power delivery. Almost reminds me of a NA vehicle. Not night/day diffirence from stock to stage 1, but it's definitely different. I'll write more when I can do more than fight the goons on 826 in 3rd and 4th gear, but for now, very pleased all around.

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Been awhile since I messed with the car. Just had some extra money lying around so decided to fix the loud tires and weak brakes. Ordered Hankook V12s off tirerack.com and hawk pads as well. Excited for some more control as I have always had allseasons on this car. Can't wait for delivery!