GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock vs 2009 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
lol The new 5.0...Ford's answer to the LS1...15 years later

Mach 1 has an aluminum block and heads, the Termi's had a cast iron block with forged internals and aluminum heads. Both 4v.

Better late than never :D

That's awesome, I didn't know that much more was included in the Mach 1 package. Of course, I don't remember the premium either..

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Better late than never :D

That's awesome, I didn't know that much more was included in the Mach 1 package. Of course, I don't remember the premium either..

It was a pretty decent package, but at the time, it was only slightly cheaper then the Termis. Very good performance out of it...low 13 second car and it handled pretty good as well.

legandrex

Ready to race!
It was a pretty decent package, but at the time, it was only slightly cheaper then the Termis. Very good performance out of it...low 13 second car and it handled pretty good as well.

I bought mine in spring of 07 for $20,000 with 5,000 miles. It now has about 13,500 miles and is probably worth $17ish. It is in mint condition. I put FR500 wheels on it and Vogtland springs to give it a mild drop. Other than K&N drop in filter it is stock. It has been in the rain one time. Handling wise I would say it is still a little soft and solid rear axle likes to get a little wiggly at times. But, not many cars sound as cool as it does when it is screaming at 6,700 rpm. Back on topic, it feels quite a bit stronger than my father-in-laws 05 GT manual and if the GT was burning 87 octane, had the taller gears, and not the best driver, I would not be surprised if a stock GTI could hang with it.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
And I bet you're really sweaty when you wake up from your dreams of putting bus lengths on modified 300hp cars in your stock GTI. I could care less that your mid 14 second car beat a low 14 second car.

Lol i dont need to dream. Its funny how youre still defending that big ol' v8 pos

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Lol i dont need to dream. Its funny how youre still defending that big ol' v8 pos

:lol: he defended the Muff in the last thread about muffstains remember? i swear every mustang owner is the same. they act as if the POS is a gift from the car gods or something.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
5.0 is an 11 second car with headers and exhaust. I don't know why POS is even being put in the same sentence.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
5.0 is an 11 second car with headers and exhaust. I don't know why POS is even being put in the same sentence.

oh really and you know this from first hand experience? unless you have pics it doesnt mean anything.

my TDI could run 11 seconds too if i could triple my boost and run sticky tires in the front :lol:

mustangs are gay, everyone that has them is a bro, and thinks they are badass because they can smoke the tires and beat some cars on the street.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
oh really and you know this from first hand experience? unless you have pics it doesnt mean anything.

my TDI could run 11 seconds too if i could triple my boost and run sticky tires in the front :lol:

mustangs are gay, everyone that has them is a bro, and thinks they are badass because they can smoke the tires and beat some cars on the street.

You're a self-loathing TDi driver. It is okay. A new 5.0 will always be infinitely cooler than a TDi, you just don't have to sound so in denial about it. I'm a euro car enthusiast, but I respect an all motor car that can run in the 11's with a tune and exhaust. Just because I'm euro by heart doesn't mean I don't respect American muscle culture. Some bored and stroked vintage muscle can put down 800+ rwhp on ALL MOTOR. That is impressive. To put down Mustang's because you generalize the whole group as a bunch of twats just sounds ignorant. Every car brand has knobs in it, that is just how it goes. Newer Mustangs are cool as hell, and I sincerely mean that; they're much more appealing than Chevy's Camaro and can beat some ass on the street.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
:lol: he defended the Muff in the last thread about muffstains remember? i swear every mustang owner is the same. they act as if the POS is a gift from the car gods or something.

sounds like vw owners :iono:

and everyone that has a vw is a hipster and thinks they're tough because of their superior interior

where's a beating a dead horse gif when i need one

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
You're a self-loathing TDi driver. It is okay. A new 5.0 will always be infinitely cooler than a TDi, you just don't have to sound so in denial about it. I'm a euro car enthusiast, but I respect an all motor car that can run in the 11's with a tune and exhaust. Just because I'm euro by heart doesn't mean I don't respect American muscle culture. Some bored and stroked vintage muscle can put down 800+ rwhp on ALL MOTOR. That is impressive. To put down Mustang's because you generalize the whole group as a bunch of twats just sounds ignorant. Every car brand has knobs in it, that is just how it goes. Newer Mustangs are cool as hell, and I sincerely mean that; they're much more appealing than Chevy's Camaro and can beat some ass on the street.

oh now its a tune and exhaust? i thought you wrote headers and exhaust? which one is it bro? are you confused between the two? and sorry but the TDI isnt my only car i bought it because of the MPGs and because i enjoyed the ride in it. i have a "muscle car" that i have mentioned numerous times on here and it will beat a mustang with a tune or exhaust or intake or super bright lights because as you mentioned, it runs 600WHP and it cost WAY less than buying a brand new muffstain. it is hilarious that just 6 months ago you did not know your ass from your head when it came to anything to motor knowledge and now all of a sudden your a guru on it. go troll the bimmer forums im sure they would love to hear your story about how you wasted all your money and time trying to make a GTI something that it is not. sounds like a pretty ignorant mistake you made considering you probably didnt do the research to see that the GTI will never be a bimmer or a merc or what ever. and if you think that the mustang is cool thats fine nothing against it, i feel the exact opposite and you know what, thats my opinion bro and im fine with that.

sounds like vw owners :iono:

and everyone that has a vw is a hipster and thinks they're tough because of their superior interior

where's a beating a dead horse gif when i need one

lol yeah im IN LOVE WITH VW. :dnftt: interior is nice i dont think it is superior.

Haha, no it couldnt.

The new mustangs are no joke. Best power for the money you can buy.

yes it could actually try looking up TDIs that put out CLOSE to 500 wtq. its pretty impressive. and yes mustangs are fast im not in denial about that. i just have a PERSONAL OPINION and i think muffstains are gay.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Noone was talking about new mustang vs gti, till some idiot mentioned it lol. We are talking about the 1999-2009 or so. Mostly around 2004. We all know the new gt is fast as fuck no need to point that out. But defending the pos v8 that made under 300 hp is a joke.

maisonvi

Ready to race!
yes it could actually try looking up TDIs that put out CLOSE to 500 wtq. its pretty impressive. and yes mustangs are fast im not in denial about that. i just have a PERSONAL OPINION and i think muffstains are gay.

Oh, Im not saying there isnt ones that are faster. Im saying you cant just turn up the boost and put sitcky tires and go. You could try if you would like though.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Oh, Im not saying there isnt ones that are faster. Im saying you cant just turn up the boost and put sitcky tires and go. You could try if you would like though.

oh yeah i got ya. i dont want to grenade my bottom end lol.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Noone was talking about new mustang vs gti, till some idiot mentioned it lol. We are talking about the 1999-2009 or so. Mostly around 2004. We all know the new gt is fast as fuck no need to point that out. But defending the pos v8 that made under 300 hp is a joke.

yeah wtf then i get shit on. idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.