'Fast and Furious' actor Paul Walker dead after car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Damn.. speed kills, unfortunately.

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
Dear God those pics are hard to look at. So incredibly sad :( I'm seriously thinking about an FF marathon this weekend. I've never even seen Tokyo Drift (not that Paul Walker was in it).

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I think I'm going to contribute to the Off topic-ness of this thread but just because someone was doing something they shouldn't have been, doesn't mean they deserve to lose their life.

This. They killed themselves. If they would've taken out a family, school bus, smashed into a restaurant then I would feel differently but that didn't happen. Still there are lessons to be learned in this tragedy.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
This. They killed themselves. If they would've taken out a family, school bus, smashed into a restaurant then I would feel differently but that didn't happen. Still there are lessons to be learned in this tragedy.

I don't blame Paul Walker though. Nobody knows what happened in the car, but when reading online it broke my heart. I read that the poor driver's 8 year old son ran to the car trying to save his dad. That is a trauma that he is never going to forget and will carry the burden the rest of his life. I hope both of their family and friends can heal in peace, and this taught a valuable lesson to our community.

Tech72

Ready to race!
I think I'm going to contribute to the Off topic-ness of this thread but just because someone was doing something they shouldn't have been, doesn't mean they deserve to lose their life.

No one should die such a horrific death. No argument there and again RIP to the individuals and my condolences to the respective families. But if it turns out that they were basically using 650hp race cars for cheap thrills down a public street without giving a rat's ass to anyone else using the same roads, then I really have no sympathy. Cold? Yes, but what if some family was driving along and came head on to these multi-millionaires while they're street racing? Thank god no such event occurred. If they or anyone else want to race, that's great. I'll even pay money to watch. But keep it on a closed track. Don't put me, my family or anyone else at risk. While in university years ago, I used to work for a funeral home that was affliated with the coroner's office (to make extra money while in school, not as a life goal), I saw first hand what carnage these idiots with high powered cars/weapons can do. I was one of the ones who often "cleaned up" after auto accidents and got whatever bits was left into the body bag. Needless to say, the high speed accidents were particularly messy.

I just don't quite understand why so many people are making this actor out to be a saint. So he did a few nice things for people and charity work, kudos to that. But to praise him like you know him well after watching a few of his mediocre movies?:rolleyes:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
And canada has chimed in.

Tech72

Ready to race!
i thought they were supposed to be stuck in igloos for the the next 5-6 months?:iono:

Shouldn't you be ducking bullets or something?:iono:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Shouldn't you be ducking bullets or something?:iono:

yeah that was a lame come back. just keep to yourself up there and there will not be any problems, eh.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Are there two of these threads?!?!

Tech72

Ready to race!
yeah that was a lame come back. just keep to yourself up there and there will not be any problems, eh.

Yeah, like your quib was oh so brilliant.....Ya'll do the same down there and we'll have no trouble son.

GTIJenn1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, like your quib was oh so brilliant.....Ya'll do the same down there and we'll have no trouble son.

Easy boys...don't get the thread locked because you two have a stick up your asses. Stop it.

Back to your point, I didn't and don't praise Paul Walker. I don't think he was Mother Teresa or that he saved humanity. He did some good. That is to be expected. If you have the millions to give back, I expect you to do so. Period.

Where I disagree with you is when you say that his death means less because he was speeding. Sure, driving 130 in a urban area is extremely reckless but NO ONE ELSE WAS INJURED in their accident. No other life was risked other than their own.

People don't live their lives to satisfy your rules and regulations.

It's a different point of view if they were killed be someone else, like a murder when dealing drugs or if they were both intoxicated (which could have been true for all we know). But they weren't. They were killed doing something that I'm sure was not new to them, doing something that people in this forum do when they are in car cruises. Their deaths are not any less important because they were driving too fast. Their deaths are not worth any less just because you don't agree with their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.