GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Burn has been successfully completed..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Today, we performed our first Revo Technik software flash on a new 2010 MK6 GTI TSI.

The customer's first reaction was that "it's f**king awesome!" :D

If anyone in the Orlando or surrounding Central Florida area is interested in Revo Technik software hit me up. If not, please contact your local Revo software tuner as they will all be able to perform the flashes soon!

http://www.revotechnik.com/

zee

Go Kart Champion
Oh My Goodness...through the port. I heard the rumor, but did not believe it.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
The ECU still needs to be removed to be unlocked. Once unlocked, it is flashed through the OBD2 port.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
What are the differences between REVO and APR?

There are many differences between Revo and APR. If you care to hear what APR can offer I can list out our features, highlights, tuning philosophy, data collection methods, upgrade paths, motorsport testing and so forth. I rather not post on this thread, unless specifically asked, so if you'd like, shoot me a PM or start a new thread and I'll comment. :)

I'm guessing doing a flash through the OBD2 is a big deal.

Yes, it would be, but no 2010 ECU reflashes are through the OBDII port. The Revo ECU upgrade requires the ECU to be removed and flashed on the bench just like all the others.

Congrats Mike! The TSI has a lot of potential! :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-08-12 at 5.47.38 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-08-12 at 5.47.38 PM.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 262

zee

Go Kart Champion
Will it have to be removed again after a VW dealer software update?
Or will the Revo SPS or OBD2 reflash again.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Will it have to be removed again after a VW dealer software update?
Or will the Revo SPS or OBD2 reflash again.

Unfortunately, a VW update will reset the security lockout, and it will need to be removed again to be unlocked. It sucks, but no one (worldwide) is currently able to bypass VW's security lockout feature without removing the ECU.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately, a VW update will reset the security lockout, and it will need to be removed again to be unlocked. It sucks, but no one (worldwide) is currently able to bypass VW's security lockout feature without removing the ECU.

:cry:
I was hoping not to have a second removal. The first time is hard enough on my heart.

But Congrats:thumbsup:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
:cry:
I was hoping not to have a second removal. The first time is hard enough on my heart.

But Congrats:thumbsup:

Indeed, this sets chip tuning back about 8-10 years or so, technologically speaking, before everything was able to be done through the OBD2 port, but at least we don't quite have to remove and solder new eeproms.

Finding a way to crack the new security lockout feature, and get us back to OBD2 programming again for the newest applications, is still an ongoing process, so while that is actively being worked on, we're now able to flash via this less desirable but still suitable method!

tippah1

Ready to race!
We didn't take out my ecu to revo tune it here in Australia!! Just the OBD2 port plug and play. I guess we have different ECU here in AUS

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
We didn't take out my ecu to revo tune it here in Australia!! Just the OBD2 port plug and play. I guess we have different ECU here in AUS

Earlier ROW ECU's did not have 1024 bit encryption so ODBII flashing was the same as flashing the ECU's in the MK5 with TSI engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.