GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering issue

onebdgti

Just found this forum the other day. Great forum so far. I have an issue with my 2010 GTI there is no communication to the steering module. I have check the fuses and there good. I can see were 3 wires lead down to the module but haven't been under the car to see were and if they come back up on the passenger side. If they do come back up the passenger side of the engine compartment what plug in is it. Reason why I haven't been under the car is because its been raining alot lately.

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
Are you getting that red steering wheel light on your dash? Try turning the wheel all the way to one side and then the other.

onebdgti

Yes the red steering wheel light is on. This weekend I should be able to dig deeper into the problem.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

onebdgti

Ok I pulled the front subframe and saw were all the wires tie into the rack and steering module. Voltmeter says I am getting 12v to the module and it has a good ground. Does any body know what kind of signal I should be getting to and from the steering wheel/clocking sensor. There is a 5 pin connector that goes from the module to steering angle sensor does anybody know what voltage reference these wires are suppose to have.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk