PayPal scams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ what is "collection"?

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Moral of the story here is WTFNYCHASNOHIGHWAYS is a scammin' summabitch!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Cash only for local sales. Inspect it and buy it. If its a piece of shit don't sell it. Be honest and fully disclose any problem. It's really that simple.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
everytime ive used paypal for a local transaction never had an issue with the seller questioning the method of payment....I was just like hey i have xxx amount of dollars sitting here would you mind if i pay'd this way...

If you gift the money it has to be in the person account/bank account it cant be used from a line of credit i believe

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
If the guy wants to pay with Paypal, let him. Just tell him the exhaust is sold AS-IS and there are no refunds if he decides to change his mind about it. Some people are just never satisfied....buying things without thinking.

100% agree!

D4UN7L355

EVOC Qualified
You guys don't have to speak about me in the third person and you can quote my directly. Inc55 is right in assuming I wouldn't have bought the product with an invoice stating I would take the product "as-is" with a no return policy. I would have taken it with an invoice stating the item was "free of any defect" and/or the item was "functioning within the manufacturers specification." Then again we're talking about someone selling a manga flow exhaust for $200 and a swap for my stock exhaust. That's one hell of a deal. I see them online for, at minimum, $700. Why would anyone be skeptical at an item being sold for less than a third of its original price that the seller wants to sell as is?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
You guys don't have to speak about me in the third person and you can quote my directly. Inc55 is right in assuming I wouldn't have bought the product with an invoice stating I would take the product "as-is" with a no return policy. I would have taken it with an invoice stating the item was "free of any defect" and/or the item was "functioning within the manufacturers specification." Then again we're talking about someone selling a manga flow exhaust for $200 and a swap for my stock exhaust. That's one hell of a deal. I see them online for, at minimum, $700. Why would anyone be skeptical at an item being sold for less than a third of its original price that the seller wants to sell as is?

you must be new here. The Magnaflows sell all day new for $475 and i've sold 3 of them for probably $350-$380.

D4UN7L355

EVOC Qualified
you must be new here. The Magnaflows sell all day new for $475 and i've sold 3 of them for probably $350-$380.

I didn't realize that. Is there a promo code? Op is still selling for $200 which is less then half the cost.

Sent from my iPad

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I didn't realize that. Is there a promo code? Op is still selling for $200 which is less then half the cost.

You mean $300, as your stock exhaust is worth about $100. A good deal no doubt. I wouldn't ever sell one of mine for $300, too cheap for me. Someone around here will know some coupon codes for exhaustexhaust.com or something. "vortex" might be a code.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion

Do you read the terms of items you buy? Almost all used items will come with this disclaimer its a standard practice. Youre buying it from another member, he is not a MF technician or certified to verify the product. This is a risk you take when purchasing a used product and is nothing new. $200 is a steal for how much work youre making this guy do, I guess until you learn how the sales go you will run into these "issues"

Dont worry OP, these sell for $380 all day long, I in fact sold me within 10min of posting it a few months ago. Youll find someone less "green" and now that you know how to protect yourself, less prone to scams.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I figure 200 is a fair price considering a stock exhaust goes for 100 and the buyer will be doing the swap (which is worth at least 100 bucks in labor).

Status
Not open for further replies.