GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Activating European Variable Light Distribution

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd be interested in a parts list / write up on it if you've got time? Sounds like a fun thing to do.

Cheers :)

I will get that done this weekend for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hi all, after searching through a bunch of auto-scans on the Ross-Tech website, I stumbled across an auto scan of a European Spec Golf Mk6 with the adaptive Xenon headlights. I decided to input the coding from his headlight range module into my US spec Mk6 GTI and 'lo and behold the European Variable light distribution was activated and the headlights have much better beam patterns and move more quickly. If you want to try this yourself, I changed my coding in the 55-Headlight Range module from 1446940 to 1442908. After you accept the coding, you will need to make sure your car is on a level surface so you can perform the basic settings to initialize the headlight position. Let me know if you have any questions! This is confirmed to work on 2012-2013 Golf's with Bi-Xenons and LED DRL.

I just put up a FB post to credit your finding. I'm now more eager and excited to ask if you can find any other cool tweaks from the Euro Spec MK6 scan you have. Always interested to see differences in MFD options (gear indicator), braking, lighting, etc.

FB thread: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MK6..._id=1568775710429428&notif_t=group_highlights

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
I just put up a FB post to credit your finding. I'm now more eager and excited to ask if you can find any other cool tweaks from the Euro Spec MK6 scan you have. Always interested to see differences in MFD options (gear indicator), braking, lighting, etc.

FB thread: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MK6..._id=1568775710429428&notif_t=group_highlights

I've got halogens so I can't take advantage but kudos to you Norman for the efforts and making this platform better.

Glad I could help! I'll keep looking around at some Euro cars and I'll let you know if I find anything else.

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's a quick video clip from my dashcam showing the high beam assist working. I can make a better video if anybody wants it. https://youtu.be/sHmZK9J-Va0

zVp

Go Kart Champion
So glad to hear it worked for you! I noticed at speeds slower than 25 mph the driver’s side headlight beam points to the left so you can see off to the side of the road more. That way you can spot pedestrians/animals easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This part was very cool - I didn't realize this until I came to a stop and then the driver's side headlight started to swivel back to the right as the normal position.

StorminNorman

Passed Driver's Ed
**CODING UPDATE** Hi everyone. I've been researching the coding on the headlight range module yet again. It seems the European market coding I provided only does half of what it's supposed to do because of our North American spec headlights are lacking a special aluminum reflector in the projector housing. So, if you have North American Spec Headlights (USA and Canada) AND a Rain Light Sensor (RLS) you should change your coding in your 55- Headlight Range module to "1442940". On the coding for the Rain Light Sensor (RLS), make sure Byte 0, Bit 0 is checked for "Highway Light Function Active". This will allow your North American spec headlights to increase the range on the highway without the E-Code headlight only aluminum reflector. The range extension is active after traveling at speeds over 73 mph for at least half a kilometer. (The headlights are able to achieve the extended range by angling the beam slightly higher than normal.) You can toggle this function on and off while driving by checking and unchecking the option for the "AFS" or "Bend Lighting" in your assistants menu on your MFD. If you do not have a Rain Light Sensor (RLS) this will most likely not make any difference compared to the previous coding, but you are welcome to try it and report back. Let me know if you have any questions. :)