GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 GTI CANDY WHITE

jcevans0627

Passed Driver's Ed
Guess it's time to start documenting this from the beginning. Stepping into a nice GTI Autobahn edition 2013. Had 72k on the odo when I got it. Already up 1500k under a month. Bone stock. Window sticker was $14k and change but online it was listed at $12k. So the dealer honored that price.

Came out of a 2003 Denali XL it was big slower but nice cause it moved my family and everything else worth room to spare. Had DVD player and rear heated seats. Didn't care if it got dinged up because it was old and used like a truck. I liked it cause I could work on it but being in school full time and spitting time between family the maintenance became a PITA got pushed to the side, and so did the reliability. Was happy to get $2k for my trade in.

So one of the things that's major controversy bought a extended warranty on a non certified pre owned car that is a VW being sold by a Honda dealership. It was about $1,800

So let's fast forward to the beginning of this week now April 9th. Coolant light comes on driving to school bout 40 minutes one way. I got to class stop by o Riley's pick up some radiator fluid, not nearly as cheap as my Denali. Top off go home lights back on. Park it put some cardboard under it. Coolant is covered it probably a hour. Start looking up what it could be. Low and behold im not coverd by the water pump recall.

Follow me, I am getting there take it to dealership here in Houston clear lake area. The service guy was top notch. He called my extended warranty ppl pushed hard. Hard to wait a day an half but they will cover it. So I get my water pump replaced. They are going to reprogram my headlights cause I have some AFS error that doesn't explain what's rely going on. Before they started the work the said they can clean the intake vavles for $220 since intake is already off and majority of the work is done already working on the water pump. So I'll get that done. Anxious to see the difference. Asked them to take pics of before an after of the intake valves. Not a trust issue just want to know how bad 74k in miles look.

It's Friday afternoon should have it back by Monday afternoon. Not thrilled but pretty happy a extend warranty actually is paying for the replacement. Warranty is worth Ethos Group in case anyone cares. I finish school in august should be able to start some simple mods by that.

Looking stage 1 don't know which company Cobb an APR sounding like the better ones so far. Input feedback appreciated.

Pics will come when I get my car back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk