GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS tuning Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Induction System review

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I've now had a few intakes, I wanted one I felt was the most perfect I could get. This one seems to be as close to it as I can get. So....here's the review.

The packaging is pretty well over done lol, but that can't be a bad thing right?

The packaging didn't contain instructions, but because I had done it before and it's not rocket science it wasn't a big deal, but there are a few tricks that I'll get to.

All hardware is provided, and it goes on like any intake, which is very simple. The system provides things that were well thought out such as the flex type rubber section that goes to the maf, the pipe that goes through the heatshield is tight and is much easier to fit through when done outside the car. The rubber piece that locks down to the OE nipple? I guess you'd call it, secures the heatshield well, plus it screws down in other OE places. The heatshield also looks as if it does seal to the hood.

Overall, it's an excellent fit, and though the clamps feel a little cheap, they get the job done. The intake would also house a bigger filter if you so desired. For 300.00, it's hard to beat.

Great intake for the money. Throttle response is instantly noticeable, but I haven't put enough miles on it to say much else about the performance.I will update again soon. Thanks for looking.

songyun

Ready to race!
how does it sounds? i want the stage 2 intake pipe :(

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
It's rather quiet IMO, very modest, but I haven't gotten on it hard yet. I like to give the ecu 50 or 100 miles to fully adapt.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
i'm very close to pulling the trigger on this....black friday sale is on right now. do you still think that it's quiet? the design is very similar to unitronic, which is described to be very loud, so i'm surprised the initial impression is that it is quiet.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
i'm very close to pulling the trigger on this....black friday sale is on right now. do you still think that it's quiet? the design is very similar to unitronic, which is described to be very loud, so i'm surprised the initial impression is that it is quiet.

I personally feel like it's quiet. The quality is high, and the design is well thought out. I know it seals to the hood, as when I put the hood up, I can see a slight depression in the sound deadening material.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
thats awesome. im glad to hear its nice i have one sitting at home waiting to be installed

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
thats awesome. im glad to hear its nice i have one sitting at home waiting to be installed

Put the rubber grommet and the small pipe that goes to the filter on the heatshield before you install it...just a tip, almost impossible otherwise.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Put the rubber grommet and the small pipe that goes to the filter on the heatshield before you install it...just a tip, almost impossible otherwise.

I actually did that even before i got ready to install that pipe is a tight fit

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
It looks good, are you tuned because I've heard the different placement of the MAF sensor has effects on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Love my ECS intake...it's quality stuff and I've had zero issues with it after 30k miles.