GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Street Density Mounts Review

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Two days ago I had the 034 SD mounts installed on my car. Which consists of one engine and transmission mount. I must say, I absolutely love the new feel of the car. Throttle response is sharper, the improved shifting is awesome. It makes downshifting and pulls a blast. I also feel that it made the clutch engagement better. I feel absolutely no more play like the OEM mounts. The only downside I have is I definitely hear my timing chain more when turning on the car and sometimes on deceleration. There also is a HINT of vibration at idle if you look for it. I also feel like it made my exhaust quieter ☹️Other than that, these mounts are awesome and I recommend to anyone!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Do you have any dog bone mounts or puck? I want to say I've seen and read where people upgrade the engine and tranny mounts but it causes more vibration to the dog bone area. I want to say I've seen posts even saying damage was caused because they didn't upgrade that as well? Curious if you got the 034 dog bone puck if that would reduce the vibrations more and possibly peace of mind.

Edit: found here in this kit.
https://store.034motorsport.com/mot...-mkv-mkvi-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi-2-0t-fsi.html

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slowgti08

Ready to race!
Do you have any dog bone mounts or puck? I want to say I've seen and read where people upgrade the engine and tranny mounts but it causes more vibration to do to the dog bone area. I want to say I've seen posts even saying damage was caused because they didn't upgrade that as well? Curious if you got the 034 dog bone puck if that would reduce the vibrations more and possibly peace of mind.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dog bone and puck are stock
The vibration is minor and only noticeable when the car is idling, which is really only noticeable when it’s cold outside, which is a given. Today I didn’t feel any vibration as it was warmer out. They also probably still breaking in.

Last edited:

ahard48

Ready to race!
Good to hear you like them. I purchased the 034 SD mounts & HPA 75 puck over the winter. Waiting for "spring" to arrive to throw them on.

Bheit

Passed Driver's Ed
I put these on mine about 3 weeks ago. I put their dogbone and insert at the same time. Everything feels a little more solid now, shifts are strong. There is some noticeable vibration at low RPM's, but quickly goes away. Love them :thumbup::thumbup:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I will be buying these too. I cant wait :].

Im stuck between the 034 dogbone (i have the metal insert already) or the APR dogbone.
I want to replace the actual dogbone as well if im replacing all other motor/trans mounts.