GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone use Black Forest Industries in NC?

micah360

Ready to race!
I ordered the stage 1. Hopefully its not too soft now.

Yeah I've used their inserts before, they're fine. I got it back before they had stage 1 and stage 2, and the one I had was probably equivalent to what they now call stage 2. It added a good amount of NVH, but it definitely did what it was advertised to do.

CarolinaBeachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're ever in Durham and want a ride in a stage 3 GTI, hit me up!

That would be awesome!!! I might hit you up for that ride sometime!!! Thanks!!

Thanks for the feedback guys, after the whole hurricane thing is over I'm just going to send in the ECU and bum a ride to work.

Thankfully my boss is cool enough to let me park my dub in the warehouse for the next two days until the storm goes by. At least I know it'll be safe now :w00t::w00t:.

Off topic but GTI Jake, ....How do you like those torque arm mounts? Noticeable difference? Ive heard that it can be annoying when your idling at a light or something making the whole car rumble. What do you think?

AdvanSuper

Banned
Absolute isn't giac anymore, Evan is writing his own tunes. But he knows his shit

Forgot about that... I actually volunteered my car for him, but he couldn't crack it and he sent his CC ECU out to be cracked, after that just didn't keep in contact and I ended up getting APR...

CarolinaBeachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, Evan from APR contacted me saying that he's going get someone to call me ASAP to make sure that I'm taken care of..... Their such a great company...They just get it... Just more reason why I'm sold on APR.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I've used BFI several times. They did my stage 1, installed my TBE, and flashed my stage 2. they have always been responsive to me. I live about an hour and a half from them but will continue to use them their work is excellent I plan on having them do my KO4 install when I'm ready. Go with them you'll be happy you did. sales@blackforestindustries.com Matt is the guy to talk with but he is like the only one so you can imagine he is busy.

dbduke1

Ready to race!
I've used BFI several times. They did my stage 1, installed my TBE, and flashed my stage 2. they have always been responsive to me. I live about an hour and a half from them but will continue to use them their work is excellent I plan on having them do my KO4 install when I'm ready. Go with them you'll be happy you did. sales@blackforestindustries.com Matt is the guy to talk with but he is like the only one so you can imagine he is busy.

I'm sure youre very happy. Just dont check the torque on any of your bolts and you'll continue to be thrilled. Personally, I like my stretch bolts hand torqued and my motor attached to the chassis. But hey, that's just me

CarolinaBeachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
jp0139 and dbduke, I really appreciate both of your feedbacks especially since their on opposite sides. It's the whole reason why I started this thread as I wanted to see what everyone thought!!

I'm still waiting on my downpipe to arrive....2.5 weeks later :mad0259:

I guess they ran out and had to manufactor it or something like that :confused:

Once it arrives and I install it, I'll then make a decision on who to go with for the tune.

A shop or myself...Each one has positive benefits that I'm still exploring.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

dbduke1

Ready to race!
On a totally unrelated note, do you run into any trouble with the 20% tint? I want to go 20 but I don't want to deal with a headache every year to get it to pass inspection

Joe@blackforest

Hey guys, I spent about 20-30 minutes searching to try to find the right place to post and making sure that I'm not reposting anything sooooo if I am I apologize don't flame on me toooo bad please.

Any way, I just installed a Magnaflow Catback, have a B&B downpipe on the way and am researching the different intakes. I'm planning to go APR stage 2 soon but live in somewhat of a remote area (Wilmington, NC) where the closest good speed shops are 2-3 Hours away. The best one that I can find is Black Forest Industries. Which is why I'm here.

So far tho, it hasn't gone well with them. I've called and called and called and wrote emails but can never seem to get anyone on the phone to talk to. When ever I call, they answer and direct me to this "Mat" who is their salesmen that can never seem to return my phone calls/ is ever there. :thumbdown: As you all can understand, I really don't want to drive three hours with out first talking to someone and landing an appointment.

I was just posting to see if anyone has a positive or negative experience with this shop before I give them any of my hard earned cash for a tune and service.

As always thanks for the help guys.

Maybe they are even on this forum which would be cool if they saw this!!

CarolinaBeachGTI:

I apologize if you have had trouble contacting us.. Evan at APR pointed me in the direction of this thread - We have been having some issues with our new phone system of late (its actually been down for the past 2 days), but I called you and left you a message about setting up an appointment, so call me back whenever you can, we would be happy to help you with a flash on your GTI:thumbsup:

CarolinaBeachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
CarolinaBeachGTI:

I apologize if you have had trouble contacting us.. Evan at APR pointed me in the direction of this thread - We have been having some issues with our new phone system of late (its actually been down for the past 2 days), but I called you and left you a message about setting up an appointment, so call me back whenever you can, we would be happy to help you with a flash on your GTI:thumbsup:

Joe, I got your call. I will be returning it in the next couple of days....Thank you!

CarolinaBeachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
On a totally unrelated note, do you run into any trouble with the 20% tint? I want to go 20 but I don't want to deal with a headache every year to get it to pass inspection

welllll....I haven't in the past with my previous vehicles but we will see with the new car soon.

Whats usually worked for me is to wait until the weathers nice...Roll down all the windows and go to some oblivious, nasty and maybe even sketchy shop and hope they don't notice.

If they do then then you can play the...."this car has to pass" card by throwing them an extra 20$.... But ovecourse you've gotta judge if the guys are cool.

Another option is to look for a place where fellow gear heads work....a dead giveaway is the modified cars in the parking lot...Then all you have to do is talk some car....buddy up.....maybe have them do your oil change and your good. :cool: