GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bulb out coding? (fog lights)

JewTeeEyeGuy

Has anyone found exactly what is needed to code out the fog lights specifically for LED bulbs? Just replaced my stock bulbs with these H8 LEDS and I have the dreaded "bulb out" on my dash. If there is no way to code this out specifically are there any resistors that would do the trick? Thanks in advance!

wudini

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone found exactly what is needed to code out the fog lights specifically for LED bulbs? Just replaced my stock bulbs with these H8 LEDS and I have the dreaded "bulb out" on my dash. If there is no way to code this out specifically are there any resistors that would do the trick? Thanks in advance!

Honestly dude, I never found a solution in coding. I just deal with the warning light.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I bought Cree leds that were 55w, so no need for resistors. Then every person I drove past flipped out from the brightness. Removed and went back to my yellow halogen fogs.

Our fog assemblies just weren’t made for leds. But no bulb out with those high wattage LEDs. Just FYI.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I bought Cree leds that were 55w, so no need for resistors. Then every person I drove past flipped out from the brightness. Removed and went back to my yellow halogen fogs.

Our fog assemblies just weren’t made for leds. But no bulb out with those high wattage LEDs. Just FYI.

Yeah. We hear this a lot. You can cause a great amount of glare to others with the wrong LED in the fog reflector.

You need the correct diodes pointing in the right area - and we removed our gold resistors now and added a no-heat driver - it is very bright no glare:

http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-complete-led-fog-light-kit