GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Clutch Kit

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'm looking at clutch options and I stumbled upon the BFI clutch kit for only $1,110 if you get the full metal TOB. Anyone have any reviews of this kit? It's considerably cheaper than the Southbend/Clutchmaster equivalents for what seems like no real downside.

thzpcs

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a friend running the Stage 4 on his Mk7 R and loves it. Can't say anything for longevity or how it is on the GTI, but if it's good enough for a Stage 2 R, it'll be fine for the GTI.

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at clutch options and I stumbled upon the BFI clutch kit for only $1,110 if you get the full metal TOB. Anyone have any reviews of this kit? It's considerably cheaper than the Southbend/Clutchmaster equivalents for what seems like no real downside.
Southbend is supposed to be one of the best when it comes to clutches, I'm about to replace mine this summer with a stage 3 southbend

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I've heard that they are good as well but is it that much better where it's worth the extra $400

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
I love my Southbend stage 2 daily, feels sooo much better than stock and I have the peice of mind knowing that Southbend has been making some of the best clutches for a while now. I too was looking into bfi and spec clutches but in the end better do it right once than have to worry in the future. I paid $1500 for my clutch installed with a rear main seal and an oil change. Wait till they go on sale or try to work out a deal with your supplier and just get the Southbend, you'll be happy you spent the extra cash.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
I've heard that they are good as well but is it that much better where it's worth the extra $400

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
$400 is a lot but when you're already spending $1100 or doesn't seem as bad, plus you could alwand try going to local garages or tuning places to see if maybe they can get a discount or something and sell you the clutch for the price they get it at. That's actually what I'm doing