GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion on Sparco Wheels?

kelsosv

I've seen some people running Sparco wheels on their VW's, but I have yet to see any real reviews or comments on their durability. I know they are on the cheap side and well, you get what you pay for. But they are also designed by O.Z. and relatively large brand.

So my real question is does anyone care to comment on the durability of these wheels? I live in Utah which doesn't have the worst roads, but they aren't the best either. I'd love to spend more and get a better wheel but at this rate I could get 2 sets, winter + summer, for my choice set of O.Z.'s or similar.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

kelsosv

Thought I would also point out that I have the stock Detroit wheels. I'm happy to use these as winter tires, but I really can't stand the look of them is all. If I get a more expensive set these will stay in the garage with Blizzaks.

Shoehat

Ready to race!
I've had my Sparco Pista's for eight years, never had any problems with them and I still like the way they look (they're 17" and I can't find them for sale anymore; maybe they no longer make this style?)

This pic is seven years old fwiw

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
I have a set of 17" Assetto Gara for track use, and they are somewhat delicate in comparison to the 18" Detroits, however they're also about 7 pounds lighter apiece. I would not recommend that particular model for daily use on bad roads with stock tire sizes. Otherwise, they are a decent wheel, but you do get what you pay for.

kelsosv

That's good to know. I was thinking about the Terra's for winter wheels. They are going to get beat up no matter what, so it's either the stock Detroits or something 'reasonably' priced like these Sparco's.

But after thinking about it I don't think I will get any of them for my dedicated summer set. Instead, I'll just wait until I can get either BBS or O.Z. wheels.

Thanks for the input guys!

beetlegreg

Ready to race!
i have Asseto Gara 18" on my beetle and like them a lot. except the center caps they are cheap ass. I bought from Tire rack mounted and balanced. g