GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight condensation ?

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
So it rain pretty hard the other day..
now i have headlight condensation on my
2010 golf tdi.... will my warrenty fix this?
can i just take the bulbs out blow dry then
add silicon around the housing to address the issue?

Papele

Ready to race!
It rained hard last night here. I have condensation in one of my head lights now. Do u think its possible to upgrade from halogen to projector head lights under warrenty?

Uberryan

Banned
It rained hard last night here. I have condensation in one of my head lights now. Do u think its possible to upgrade from halogen to projector head lights under warrenty?

LOL!

Papele

Ready to race!
Ehh worth askin haha

Attachments

• JOKER.jpg
    JOKER.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 756

Papele

Ready to race!
I mean obviously I know they wouldnt hand them over. I was saying maybe if I threw down some money and could get them for cheaper bcuz it was under warrenty.

Uberryan

Banned
I mean obviously I know they wouldnt hand them over. I was saying maybe if I threw down some money and could get them for cheaper bcuz it was under warrenty.

Ummm... no. That's not how it works.

Now rear end someone, and then toss down a couple extra bucks and the shop might be able to pay half the cost with the cost from the halogens with the check they get from your insurance company, but that's it. If you want to warranty claim, they will replace your part, if you want to upgrade, they will take your money.

Not to mention you'll need to upgrade the CECM to a highline model. It's not simply a swap in upgrade.

skyfox23

Ready to race!

From what I've been hearing that depends? Possibly on the dealership I guess? I've heard some say VW refuses to fix this stating its normal? I too have condensation in both headlights and just bought my car so do we just keep trying different dealers? I haven't taken delivery yet by the way.

Mogambo

Ready to race!
Can I bump it?

Were you only referring to him?

Im so confused now!?!

(my headlights are so dry, bro)