GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hungry Mouse!

Legohed

Ready to race!
Just wondering if anyone else has come across this: Noticed something not right under my bonnet the other day whilst looking to change my headlight bulb. Took it to 2 VW dealers who both told me it was the "Charcoal Filter Purge Valve" and that the problem was that a mouse had been chewing on it! Therefore not covered under warranty :mad0259:

Where it's located at the top of the engine makes this sound ridiculous, seeing that it'd have to travel a long way to get to the top from the floor, then have enough room straight underneath the bonnet just to sit and start gnawing on. They're insistent on this and cheekily told me to look for mouse droppings in my garage. :lol:

Anyway, out of "goodwill" VW said they'd pay for the repair as long as I'll pay for the part (£10). It's going in tomorrow for changing, I'll try get a pic of it beforehand, but it'll only be from my phone so quality might not be the best.

Last edited:

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
oh it gets better, my Mk6 is now 4 months old when it was 2 months old I popped the bonnet for some reason to find where you fill it with oil was full of a combination of acorn bits and sycamore tree seeds! As in so full you couldnt see the cap! now think about where the oil filler cap is and how hard it would be to transport alsorts of seeds/acorn bits to the filler cap!

Pesky little rodents will get anywhere!

762x51

168gr BTHP
Had a similar problem with my MkV R32. Dealer found a mouse nest of some sorts tucked up in the engine bay.

Damn creatures!