GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ecs tuning

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah how much are you saving with going through this other vendor?

ECS shipping is one of the most exspensive ive seen. They seem to charge double on shipping when i item is on clearance or final sale. I remember seeing some parts 40% off so a saving of $20-30 then they wanted like $75 in shipping.

Ive never gotten any shipping price quoted less than $15 from ecs... even when it was just some interior LED lights etcs. Which weigh less than a pound.

Thats my only issue with ECS. They have a amazing selection and good pricing they just seem to rape on shipping. IIRC i think they said they had a flat rate price through UPS so they could reduce shipping prices on heavier items but makes the light items balls exspensive.

I stopped buying oil change kits from them because it actually is cheaper for me to take it to the dealer and have them do it.

A genuine oil kit is $54.50 which is alright. Shipping quote $16.27
Total price $70.77. My local VW dealer charges 69.99 for a less than 1 hour oil change no appointment needed. So yeah i pay a few dollars more with tax but i dont have to do it and its done instantly.

If they could make their shipping more reasonable i would do a lot more business with them.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
I just bought some stuff from ECS and it was $8 shipping. I'm in MI and they're in OH. Is that expensive?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I just bought some stuff from ECS and it was $8 shipping. I'm in MI and they're in OH. Is that expensive?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Depends what it is?
If you can pick it up for less than $8 then I would say yes. Else sounds pretty standard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Depends what it is?
If you can pick it up for less than $8 then I would say yes. Else sounds pretty standard.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I was buying a retaining clip which is $2 and shipping was $7. I thought, what an absurd amount for shipping. So I added wiper blades, bringing the total shipping to $8.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So I was buying a retaining clip which is $2 and shipping was $7. I thought, what an absurd amount for shipping. So I added wiper blades, bringing the total shipping to $8.

But that's probably usps shipping right? The usps prices are alright, not bad but not great. You can't even bother with fedex or ups because it's so much more, and it doesn't really make sense. I order tons of shit online and I never have to worry about the price, but ecs is def up there on shipping prices.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
But that's probably usps shipping right? The usps prices are alright, not bad but not great. You can't even bother with fedex or ups because it's so much more, and it doesn't really make sense. I order tons of shit online and I never have to worry about the price, but ecs is def up there on shipping prices.

This. I have to make sure i double check shipping options now. I dont understand how some no name company can ship FedEx or ups for ~$10 or so for decently weighted items and then check for the same thing on ECS and its ~$25+ for shipping

Im not knocking ECS i love their site and their selection but i cant afford to pay for shipping on oneseis and twosies. Where im paying 80-100% the cost of the item just for shipping.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
When we set up our couriers we had to make a choice, cater to nuts and bolts (singular small items) or cater to larger items (service kits, control arms, heavy stuff). We chose the later, when you need something small I always suggest picking up something you know you'll need in the future (like an oil service kit which is currently on sale!) to offset the shipping cost. Now admitting some times errors occur on the site with weights and dimensions that are often due to our catalog uploading from VW, if you see a small item that for some reason the shipping just looks bonkers feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll have our guys do their best to insure the wights and dimensions are correct.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Make sure to take advantage of our "Free Shipping Eligible" program too. For more info on that please see- Here

Andy