GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another '12 GTI DSG owner stopping to visit

gogtigo1

Ready to race!
Just got my car about 2 weeks now, and dumped about 2000 miles on it through the desert & Great Plains (USA). Ive' read through a bunch of threads about reliability and extended warranties and comparisons to Japanese (coming from a 5th gen Prelude manual): love the car, but I have decided to get the extended warranty 6/85K for what seems to be a decent price 1700-1800 & also the maintenance package ($800) as I want to change the oil every 5K for my peace of mind and I plan on keeping the car for at least 6-8 years...

So far I have had an O2 sensor go bad, rear driver window not want to roll up (intermittently) and I'm only getting about high 20's for MPG.

Any new things anybody can give me a heads up on? Most of the 10 pages of threads are from last year in which people are asking about warranties and such...any new tidbits for 2012?

this site has been awesome so far.

p.s. I love the steering wheel and feel on this hatch! (-:

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
The only major issue I had on my '12 GTI was the AC clamp/line leaking refrigerant. Other than that, it's just like any other car out there. You will have some that will be issue-proned and some that won't ever have any issues. Just enjoy it.

As for the high 20's MPG, it may be because of the way you drive. If you keep the car out of boost, you can average around 35mpg. That's what I normally get on my daily drive to/from work.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
The mileage in my 2.5 golf improved alot after the 3-4k mark in kilometers... You are right there now...Maybe give it another tank or too to see if it or you right foot will settle down. Lolololololololol

gogtigo1

Ready to race!
Good to know! The damn boost is just too much fun I admit! Enjoying the car, eventhough I have had to deal with the service dept. Also looking forward to a group meetup or such to see in person what all the crazy mods people have done, some pix don't seem to do their cars justice!